Author Topic: IE10 not remembering username/password in gmail  (Read 5981 times)

Offline scorpio1154

• View Profile
IE10 not remembering username/password in gmail
« on: December 12, 2012, 10:05:51 am »
Recently, while accessing a game site, the site suddenly would not allow me to view it unless I upgraded my web browser. At the time, I was using IE9. So, I upgraded to IE10 and was then able to view the site. However, now, when I try to access my gmail account, it will not remember my username and password. I have two gmail accounts and, before, when I attempted to log in, I could double click in the username box and both accounts would drop down and I could choose one and then the password box would automatically populate. I searched online for a remedy and found something on a Microsoft support site and tried a few things. In the content area of internet options, I have "forms" and "usernames and passwords on forms" checked off. That didn't work. I also went in to "protected storage service" and saw it had not been started. So, I manually started it but this did not fix the problem either. I then tried to go in and reregister RSABase.dll but got an error message and was not able to succeed with that. I also ran just the "repair internet explorer" in the tweaking.com program but that also made no difference.

So......any suggestions???? Perhaps this is something tweaking.com can address in their repair program?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: IE10 not remembering username/password in gmail
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 11:10:54 am »
I am not sure on this one. I dumped IE a long time ago and have been using Fire Fox. :wink:

Have you tried the reset settings in IE to restore all the settings to default? You also may want to disable any add ons in IE as some of them might be getting in the way.

Shane