Author Topic: For Libgib - Cannot log in  (Read 4433 times)

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
For Libgib - Cannot log in
« on: March 16, 2021, 02:46:43 pm »
Copied from PM sent by Libgib

Ran repair program to clear up windows 10 not doing updates.  When it finished it booted and my user profile came up. As it normally does, but when I hit enter it tells me the User Profile Service failed the sign-in.  User profile cannot be loaded.  Then shows ok button only that when clicked brings me back to original login screen so now I am totally stuck with no way to login in.  Appreciate Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 03:33:26 am by Boggin »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: For Libgib - Cannot log in
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 03:40:13 pm »
Have you tried restarting to see if it resolves itself ?

If you have access to another computer, you can create Win 10 install media to boot up with to try your restore points.

You can create the install media after reading the instructions at https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

It's been found that you need to use Internet Explorer to download the Media Creation Tool (MCT).

Tap F12 as you switch on and use the cursor keys to select the install media - DVD or USB.

Insert the install media and press enter.

If using a DVD you may be prompted to press any key to boot from a CD/DVD.

When using an USB I've found it best to insert the USB before you switch on.

Navigate to the Install screen and select Repair your computer - Troubleshoot - System Restore

Click on Windows 10 - Next then click on a restore point then on Next and wait for it to complete.

If that fails to resolve then there are a number of steps in this article which may resolve - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/error-the-user-profile-service-service-failed-the/d07201f9-0746-4cb4-a486-a5d1fb075f03

You also get the option to use your restore points when switching on then use the power button to shutdown when the Windows logo comes up.

Do this another twice and on the third switch on it will go into Preparing Automatic Repair then Diagnosing your PC.

Click on Advanced options - Troubleshoot - Advanced options and then on System Restore.

However, in this mode you are given an account name to click on and then enter a password if you use one.

As your profile won't load in normal mode then I'm not sure if you will be able to try your restore points by this method.

If either method resolves the Profile error and you get Windows back up, open either a Command Prompt (Admin) or Powershell (Admin) and enter these cmds exactly as I've typed them.

dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

Enter exit to close the cmd window and try your updates again.

Were you getting an error code when the updates were failing ?

« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 03:52:30 pm by Boggin, Reason: Typo »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: For Libgib - Cannot log in
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 04:16:19 am »
If the updates still fail then follow the steps in this article to reset the update components - https://www.how2fixerror.com/wueng-zip-automatic-reset-windows-updates-components/