Author Topic: Windows Repair works well for the repair of the Lastpass extension in Firefox  (Read 7415 times)

Offline Ruud53

• View Profile
Hi,

I would like to inform you that with your latest version of Windows Repair I have solved my problem in the latest Windows 10 64 bit version.

The Installed Firefox extension from LastPass caused after a long time problems, by turning orange immediately after logging in and also reporting that a network problem would occur that did not exist in practice. By clicking on the icon again, the icon turned red again, as it should. Video card driver reinstallation and Firefox reinstallation did not help.

To end my guess, I ran the entire Windows Repair program twice in safe mode, with the precautions recommended by Tweaking, and the problem is completely solved! At the moment, the LastPass support department is still working on it. I think the problem has been happening for half a year, but they haven't found the error themselves yet, but Windows Repair has! I have reported this to them in the meantime. Windows likely corruption to the extension and not the extension itself.

I would like to advise Tweaking, to add to the already detailed instructions, that with such a Windows repair, as mentioned above, everything can go wrong afterwards with the installed apps on a PC and that there may be apps. need to be reinstalled, which no longer appear to work properly.

For example, the image in the start menu of the Microsoft News program was corrupt and I had to reinstall this program. Afterwards, Microsoft Office 2016 components also turned out to be corrupt, which forced me to have this program repaired online via the control panel.

I hope Tweaking.com will benefit from this. The program works well, but I still miss a separate start menu fix. The troubleshooting programs in Windows didn't help!

With the best of intentions and best regards,

Ruud
Netherlands

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Are you saying that you had problems with programs after running WR ?

If so then this will need to be reported to Shane.

Offline Ruud53

• View Profile
Yes, after the implementation of WR and a reboot I encountered two problems:

the icon with the images in the Windows start menu, to open the Microsoft News app, no longer worked.
So I uninstalled this app and reinstalled it through the app store.

Then I noticed in the reliability check that the Outlook Mail Setup no longer worked. Via the Control Panel I reinstalled online Office 2016 and I inserted my serial number. Below I paste the error message:

Beschrijving
Pad naar toepassing met fout:   C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\OLCFG.EXE

Probleem met handtekening
Naam van probleemgebeurtenis:   APPCRASH
Naam van de toepassing:           olcfg.exe
Versie van toepassing:           16.0.13628.20000
Tijdstempel van toepassing:   5fea5c18
Naam van foutmodule:           mso20win32client.dll
Versie van foutmodule:           0.0.0.0
Tijdstempel van foutmodule:   60417eaf
Uitzonderingscode:                   c0000005
Uitzonderingsmarge:                   000000000004f23d
Versie van besturingssysteem:   10.0.19042.2.0.0.256.48
Landinstelling-id:                   1043
Aanvullende informatie 1:   20ed
Aanvullende informatie 2:   20edd8074daa805aade8536f8c57f42a
Aanvullende informatie 3:   da5c
Aanvullende informatie 4:   da5c2bf1720fb69a092186f11dc94cc4

Extra informatie over het probleem
Bucket-id:   fb8511c7f02d6c691895efe032fa3caa (1771585774647131306)

Offline Ruud53

• View Profile
There was another problem in recent weeks with my last installed version 64 bit of Firefox, which Windows Repair has resolved nicely and I am happy to report this to you. It turned out to be a Windows problem, which could not be solved by reinstalling Firefox. Each time the two error messages in the attachment reappeared in the Windows reliability history.

The third time i used succesfully WR, because I Thought it was a Windows corruption fault and it was.

See the attachment.

Kind regards,

Ruud

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I'll pass this onto Shane.

Offline Ruud53

• View Profile
Ok Tom,

In addition, I have two more error messages via the attachment, which Shane may also be interested in. At the moment I have not done any restoration matters yet.

Attachments: 1

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I've copied the attachment and sent it onto Shane.

He's replied that he's looking into it from my first email to him.