Author Topic: Windows Repair Pro and the problem with installing the current Windows 11 update  (Read 3555 times)

Offline MikeSer1964

• View Profile
Hi there,

Two days ago, I encountered a problem related to the inability to install the next update 2021-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5008215). The installation error is 0x800f0831. Moreover, this problem occurred despite the fact that all previous November releases of such updates were installed. A check using Windows tools detected the problem in the Windows Update Center, but could not identify and fix it. In order to try to deal with this problem, I purchased Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Pro and installed it and tried to repair the Windows Update function. Unfortunately, it didn't help in any way. I would appreciate receiving comments/recommendations regarding this situation.

My best regards,

Mikhail

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
This article has some suggestions for resolving this error, but before you perform the sfc /scannow - enter this cmd first -

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Sometimes a sfc /scannow on its own can report corruption it is unable to repair - the dism cmd will negate that.

https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/error-code-0x800f0831.html