Author Topic: Tweaking.com Uninstalled Most of My Apps  (Read 9718 times)

Offline Mighty Joe

• View Profile
Tweaking.com Uninstalled Most of My Apps
« on: May 02, 2022, 09:04:09 am »
I ran your program to repair permissions, the Windows Store, and restore important services.  Now, most of my apps are gone.

Based on past experiences I swore I would never use your program again.  Figured I would try one last time because everything I've tried to repair the Store has failed.  BIG mistake.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Tweaking.com Uninstalled Most of My Apps
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2022, 01:28:26 am »
I'm sorry to hear that and don't know why it should have happened.

I suggest you use the program's Registry Backup to restore the registry, but if that doesn't resolve, then go into System Protection and use your restore points.

I've always created a system image prior to test running new versions of the repair program and Shane advises manually creating a restore point before using the program.

Ignore the program's option to create a restore point because while it says it has done so, it doesn't physically create one.

To restore your Windows to how it should be, I would suggest performing a repair install for which you will need install media.

You can create install media after reading - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-an-iso-file-for-windows-10-38547366-1dcb-7afd-1726-9eb222d72705

Once you've created the media (DVD or USB) open Windows/File Explorer - This PC - insert the media and double click on its drive.

This will start the process when using a DVD but will open to its files when using an USB where you would then double click on set up Application.

A repair install doesn't affect installed programs.