Author Topic: Windows 7 Recovery CD ANNOYING PROBLEM !  (Read 4731 times)

Offline lingers

• View Profile
Windows 7 Recovery CD ANNOYING PROBLEM !
« on: December 23, 2012, 11:24:22 am »
Okay so here it goes.

My laptop has been having problems starting up (will only start in safe mode) so I ve been instructed to do a system repair with a recovery CD. However the problem is that when I put the CD in my laptop says 'windows is loading files' and proceeds to fill up the bar. Once the bar fills the laptop goes to load windows then after a few moments loops back round to the loading files screen again. I have tried to choose the 'recover my system' from the advanced booting menu (f8) but that option isn't there! I ve also attempted to disabled the automatic reboot on system fail (also in the f8 menu) so I can actually see what is causing this loop. However I'm not getting any error messages, just constant looping which eventually stops and I end up with a black screen and am then forced to reboot.

I am able to boot in safe mode so attempt to repair using the tweak windows repair program. However the registry permission reset shows around 17588 fails :( (have tried as part a full tweak and seperatly)

Any ideas on would could be the problem??

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 7 Recovery CD ANNOYING PROBLEM !
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 12:39:00 pm »
The recovery disk loads into memory. If it isn't loading right then the first thing to do is run a memory test on the system. Once a memory test is done and confirmed do a chkdsk /f /r on the drive to look for any bad sectors.

MS use to have a memory diagnostic that you download and boot off a cd and it runs. Do you have that by any chance?
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Memory-Tweak/Microsoft-Windows-Memory-Diagnostic.shtml

You may have to use their download mirror.

Shane