Author Topic: Technician's toolkit "manage users and groups" tool  (Read 6568 times)

Offline whiggs

• View Profile
Technician's toolkit "manage users and groups" tool
« on: August 03, 2016, 08:33:20 pm »
Ok, so I have never quite seen anything like this in technician's toolkit before: I have a corporate computer that is of course a member of a domain.  But when I access the "manage users and groups" tool, when managing users and I select the local computer as the environment to search, it seems like it is, instead of saying "please wait" like one would normally see when the list is loading, it initially loads a blank list and seems to be actively adding all of domain user accounts to the list, even thought mind I have selected only to view the users local to PC.  What is going on?  NOte each picture is in groups: first picture shows bottom of list at time of first shot, and the second will show bottom of list as more items are added to list.  *EDIT*  Another interesting issue that I just found out concerning technician toolkit's "manage users and groups" tool on this particular corporate device: when ever I try to close the "manage users and groups" sub-tool, it keeps relaunching at my attempts to close it, forcing me to exit out of technician toolkit altogether to get it to go away.  Anyone else run into these strange issues?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 08:47:02 pm by whiggs »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Technician's toolkit "manage users and groups" tool
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 02:03:54 am »
I've emailed Shane with a link to your thread, but he's well behind in his computer business work as well as catching up on his emails.

I think patience is called for with this one.

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 04:50:54 am »
Hmmm I wonder if it has a cached user data base in the registry. Also are you connected to the corporate network when doing that?  The reason I ask is on my network I had my domain server and file server controlling all the computers on my network and when I had my laptop offline for a bit it never communicated with the server to update a user I previously disabled. (My brother) but once I connected back to the network the server reconfigured and after a reboot fixed that.
Julian

Offline whiggs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 09:16:11 am »
As a matter of fact, I am connected to a corporate.  My work device has been configured so that it can access the corporate's network over the Internet as well by configuring the DNS settings of the network adapters.  But this is why it confuses me.  I have a domain setup in my home environment as well, and Technician toolkit is able to properly differentiate between the domain users and the local users.  But then again, this is on my personal machine which is joined to my personal domain, so I guess it is just how the domain is structured/configured?  Because it is still doing it after restarts, and even have (in an attempt to bypass the annoying group policy that disable Windows updates and cut off relationship with domain controller, because seriously, disable Windows updates?!?) run all repairs in windows repair AIO and it still does it.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 09:20:37 am by whiggs »