Author Topic: Windows Repair 1.94 Do Repairs descriptions problem  (Read 6979 times)

Offline w8sdz

• Keith
    • View Profile
    • https://plus.google.com/+w8sdz
Windows Repair 1.94 Do Repairs descriptions problem
« on: January 04, 2013, 03:44:16 am »
 I downloaded Windows Repair (All In One) 1.9.4 Portable version. I think I may have found a bug in the Do Repairs multiple choice checkbox screen.

When I highlighted one of the names to see the description of what it does it displayed as expected. Then I highlighted a different choice but the description for the previous one remained in the display. I tried several others but it always showed the first one I highlighted.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Windows Repair 1.94 Do Repairs descriptions problem
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 02:59:50 pm »
So when you click on any of them it doesnt change?

Shane

Offline w8sdz

• Keith
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 03:05:37 pm »
After the first one is displayed I can click on any of the others but the first description remains.

Running Windows XP Home SP3.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 03:09:01 pm »
Odd, it works fine for me, I click on the first then any others and it changes. Are the repairs running when you do it?

In the program folder there is a folder named repairs_info

In there are the next files that it pulls. Are all the files in there?

Shane

Offline w8sdz

• Keith
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 04:25:29 pm »
Please disregard and feel free to delete this erroneous problem report. It appears that my Anti-Virus program was interfering with Window Repair. I had forgotten to disable it before running your program.

BTW, in your posting announcing the v1.94 update you mentioned the Insufficient Resources patch. I would like to suggest that it run by default. Perhaps you could check to see if it had already been applied first, although that probably isn't necessary. This patch may fix other issues that the user has encountered with resource intensive applications.

You might want to offer the reg file on your Toolbox page, in a downloadable zip file as you have done with other tweaks such as Auto-Kill Hung Apps. This suggests another optional feature for Windows Repair - a checkbox to apply Auto-Kill Hung Apps. :-)

Hope to see you on Google+ soon. The new Communities feature would be ideal for your followers to communicate with you and each other.

Best regards,
Keith

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 04:33:32 pm »
If you run either of the permissions repair the tweak is applied :-)

I also include a reg file for it in the files folder for anyone who wants it. :wink:

I was going to use Google+ but when I found out that you could have your whole account blocked if anything they don't like on G+ that made me uneasy. Think about all the Google stuff I use and it could all get blocked by 1 thing.

And when I read on how their automated system screwed a few people and blocked everything and there was no way to talk to Google to get it unblocked just makes me to uneasy to use G+. :wink:

Here is one of many examples I read.
http://infotrope.net/2011/07/22/ive-been-suspended-from-google-plus/

I dont mind using it, but when it is tied to so many other things I use you can see my reasoning :-D

Shane