Author Topic: does not play well with Windows 8  (Read 6104 times)

Offline leaky

• View Profile
does not play well with Windows 8
« on: January 14, 2013, 12:34:17 pm »
I seen this program about three months ago. A friend had issues with his firewall and reminded me of this program. So I wanted to test it out before I had an issue to see if this would cause any problems. I'm running a Windows 8 upgrade 64-bit  with no issues. I decided to back it up with TrueImage prior to testing the software. Went through step-by-step as directed everything was fine until the repairs. I rebooted after each set. One thing I did notice is that all of the registry key fixes look like they failed with a big red bar. After restarting when the repairs were finished sound no longer worked most programs that automatically started did not load. All of window eight applications would no longer load Internet Explorer would flash and not load. Just wanted to put my two cents in and maybe find out if I did something wrong.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: does not play well with Windows 8
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 12:37:13 pm »
Thats really odd, I ran it on my Windows 8 system and everything works fine.

Did you do a reg backup with my program int he repair? If so try restoring just the registry, don't use system restore and tell me if restoring the reg fixes it up for you.

Did you also make sure to stop your antivirus before running the repairs?

Shane

Offline leaky

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 01:00:14 pm »
yes I did stop malware bytes and clam AV. However I did not stop Windows defender I was not sure if it needed to be or not. I did try to do a restore but since I had already used C cleaner, Gary's utility, and Windows 8 manager to cleanup registry. I was unable to restore the system or registry it seem like the backups were corrupt.I have already restored with TrueImage. Thursday I will have a little time so I will test the software again and report back. But anyways thank you very much for your quick reply I actually figured I would look back to see if maybe one of the members replied and I was very surprised to see a reply thank you again.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 01:02:37 pm »
I reply to every single post on both my forums LOL

In the windows repair it also will do a backup of the reg only with my reg backup tool. Try using that tool to backup and restore only and skip system restore :-)

Shane