Author Topic: browser hijack of search engines  (Read 8512 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
browser hijack of search engines
« on: February 11, 2013, 02:47:43 am »
Hi,

As every one knows that there are indirect injected programs in free download, which make compromised the computers and changes the browsers without users consent. Do the tweak com do something about in its all in windows repair program. To mention a few, funmood, incredible, babylon, and newly claro. It is doing the registry damage, which is very hard to find. As these are not virus, AVS do not find.
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: browser hijack of search engines
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 02:28:10 pm »
My Windows repair program isnt a virus or malware scanner, it is just meant to repair things in Windows. This is why in one of the stpes I ask the user to make sure their system is cleaned and scanned. :-)

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 05:34:31 pm »
Sir,   I know that this is repairing window tools. I believe that it repairs windows registry entries. These browser hijacks do change registry changes and your fix is mainly registry fix entries those of who could not be done manually. hats off to the fixes.
        What i mean , that a warning that it is penetrating the registry, could be stopped by a warning messages. I have malware bytes and doing system scanning and i am having latest antivirus updates. Since those hijacks really take much of your time to clean, i have suggested this thing.
        I have one more doubt. I am getting "registry key is skipped (contains wildcard)" in so many registry folders. I request you to kindly let me know whether these have been fixed. What are all those entries. I accidentally visited your site and benefited

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 11:51:24 pm »
Hi,  In continuation of my correspondence, i wish to state that more registry entries got skipped containing wild characters which has been derived from your log files in my computer. I presume it to be a virus  or browser hack sir, . I want to know what the default folder should contain so that i can check and delete these entries. there is one folder called mk and there is *. Should it be there in my registry or should i remove. Because your program warned me and skipped i am asking. I am not tech savvy to go deep in to it.
I am attaching some files for your perusal

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 10:48:37 am »
Hi,  In continuation of my correspondence, i wish to state that more registry entries got skipped containing wild characters which has been derived from your log files in my computer. I presume it to be a virus  or browser hack sir, . I want to know what the default folder should contain so that i can check and delete these entries. there is one folder called mk and there is *. Should it be there in my registry or should i remove. Because your program warned me and skipped i am asking. I am not tech savvy to go deep in to it.
I am attaching some files for your perusal

No that is totally normal. The tool that sets the permissions is a tool from Microsoft that I use. It simply skips keys with * in them, every system has them. Your fine :-)

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 09:20:53 pm »
Hi,  Thank you for your reply. But what about first query? regarding browser hijack. I am glad that you have developed your tool with ms office background. But what about those browser hijack. Pl do develop a warning message, that something is changing your search engine]Normally, the browser engines are warning including AV programs that something wants to change the default search engines, so that we could permit or not. But these browser hijackers tend to make a dent in to your registries and mbr , so that no warning messages are given by these search engines either.

Of course, i m not a master in this. pl do include a kind of warning when the browsr hijacks. Particularly funmoods, incredible, babylon and newly claro. These hijacks the registry by entering umpteen entries, so that users could not delete them instantly. Thank you for your prompt reply and kudos to your efforts

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 05:28:08 pm »
That would have to be a whole new program, one that runs all the time on the system to keep an eye on any changes.

Not sure if I will make something like that, but it is an idea for a future program :wink:

Shane