Author Topic: Right click taking long time  (Read 6417 times)

Offline Missasip1938

• View Profile
Right click taking long time
« on: February 18, 2013, 09:30:03 am »
When I right click on the icons on the desk top for some reason over the past 2 days it is very slow.  Sometimes ending up with message "explorer.exe not responding" then closes and refreshes the desk top. Several programs started doing the "not responding" message and having to be shut down and restarted only to have the same thing happen.  I have run the AIO latest version with all items checked and it made no different with this problem.  :cry:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Right click taking long time
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 02:35:25 pm »
The right click menu looks in the registry and loads up any right click entries that are set. Besides the right click what else is behaving odd?

Shane

Offline Missasip1938

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 04:25:26 pm »
Happens a lot using Roxio Video editing and some other programs with sometimes the message "explorere.exe" stopped responding and blanks out my desktop.  I use Task Manager to restart Explorer.exe application.  The right click problem as quit showing up for now don't know what I did to eliminate that situation.  After several of these events I restarted the computer from shut down status as opposed to restarting it.

:thinking:

First sign of problems since I did a clean install of Windows 7 64 SP1 back several weeks ago when you were helping me with another weird problem.

Thanks for your response and I did run Tweaking AIO with all items checked and maybe that fixed the right click problem I just don't know.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 04:38:22 pm »
If the right click happens again get me a screen shot of the right click menu. Hit the prtscn key on the keyboard, open paint, edit, paste save as a jpg :-)

There might be a program you installed that has a dll attached to explorer.exe and the right click menu. Seeing a picture of that menu will show me which programs have them selves attached to it :-)

Shane

Offline Missasip1938

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 04:44:20 pm »
Will do.  Thanks