Author Topic: Complete loss of windows 7. Why?  (Read 24458 times)

Offline Ghost

• Would simply really like to know so much more.
    • View Profile
Re: Complete loss of windows 7. Why?
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2014, 10:47:38 am »
  I do apologize for the lax approach to complete the agreed steps from the beginning to the end, although, I left this open with the complete intention for this final post to close the book.  I still have hope to recover the windows 7 OS that eludes my warrant on sanity by periodically checking this post. I have no envy for those who did submit their time and professional attempts to wrangle my laptop back to the original OS I thought I wanted, excuse please, thought  I needed . As it turns out, I discovered the existence of many different working and intrinsic systems to fit the need of the beholder. I have chosen the UBUNTU 13.10  and installed to HHD. I can upgrade as needed, with very little risk of complete annulation from worms,trogens, and the such.
  Happy to use the darn thing and learning the small, but, powerful different approach to harness the new and  envisioned system. It has turned my Acer into a blazing fast, well oiled, well designed operating machine. Must find a slot in the halls of knowledge. As for party photos, that must have been that loud noise next door for days, where my little computer genius hides to this very day.
   Thanks go out to Shane and all members of this great site who graciously enstilled the patient trait into my daily life.
   I have no doubt I will be back with newer and bolder assaults against all that is  GOOD as we know it.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Complete loss of windows 7. Why?
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2014, 04:34:06 pm »
Ubuntu is very nice. The hardest part of getting people to use it is the learning curve and for them to find replacements for a lot of the windows programs they use. But with Ubuntu Linux you dont have the one thing that truly slows down Windows, all the backward compatibility they have to keep. So instead you get a lean, less memory footprint and faster at everything OS with Ubuntu.

If Windows ever went the way of cutting all the old stuff from it, yes it would work way way faster, but then you would have a lot of ticked off business that depended on their Windows programs to keep working.

Shane