Author Topic: Repairing broken apps in Windows 10 Bug.  (Read 37609 times)

Offline Kaycontinental

• View Profile
    • Learn English Now
Re: Repairing broken apps in Windows 10 Bug.
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2016, 12:29:54 am »
Thanks again Boggin.
I have made a note of that program, just in case.  Who knows, it may come in handy some time, lol.

Offline clayto

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2016, 03:47:07 pm »
There is a detailed fix for the November update bug (which trashes the Store and many apps). It does not require a re-install, but some effort, although the explanation in a nine page article is clear (even for me), with step by step instructions for each app. It does work, I had restored a handful of apps with the author's help when I had to do a re-install, so I no longer need to work through it all. For others who still need it here is the Link:

http://www.techtantri.com/windows-10-apps-not-working-download-apps-folder/

Good luck!

Offline Kaycontinental

• View Profile
    • Learn English Now
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2016, 01:22:36 am »
Many thanks Clayto.  I have made a note of the url. 
I did a complete re-install of Windows 10 and at the moment all seems to be working well. Fingers crossed that I have no more problems.
However, it is always useful to keep these 'pages' handy just in case.   :wink:

Offline parkd1

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2016, 09:00:18 am »
Maybe Microsoft has fixed it in the next big update that is to come out this summer and it is free. The just pushed a preview version of it to slow ring for testing. I just hope their is no big problems when it comes out and users have trouble installing the update.

http://www.geek.com/news/windows-10-anniversary-update-arrives-this-summer-with-loads-of-tweaks-1651099/
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 09:29:15 am by parkd1 »

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2016, 11:13:58 pm »
in windows 10 Version 10.0.10586.318 the Powershell command works!!! Finally Microsoft fixed it! So that means the next version of windows repair will have it back on  :cheesy:
Julian

Offline quint

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2016, 08:59:04 pm »
Can't get W10 mail to work. removed app many times... tweak tool hasn't corrected it. When I try to add account (outlook of gmail) it doesn't take.

Offline Amir

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2018, 09:39:05 pm »
Hi, i used windows repair on my windows 10, 3days ago,  but it broke my windows and my windows didnt turn on at all, 
I get a backup before repair,  and now i instal windows 8 on my laptop to have acces to windows repair to see if i can restore my windows 10,
And i dont know how to do that!
How can i restore windows 10 files from windows 8?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2018, 12:30:08 am »
This is quite an old thread and as it should have been locked 30 days after the last post, I'm not sure how you were able to add to it - but you should have created your own thread in the section above this one.

However, as you are here, you can create Win 10 install media after reading the instructions at https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

When you have done that, open Windows Explorer - insert the install media and double click on its drive.

This will effect what is known as a repair install which will reinstall Win 10 but won't affect personal stuff or installed programs.

The process will start if using a DVD but will open to its files if using an USB where you would then double click on setup Application.

This takes about 3½hrs on my Win 10 laptops.

Which version of the program had you used ?

What you experienced has been found to occur when not using the latest version because of the way Microsoft change the Permissions with subsequent updates, so Shane has to keep updating the program to keep pace with those changes in Win 10.