Author Topic: Why notepad changes its template like font for all if i change it in one file  (Read 5024 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, it is weird.
i selected one srt file and edited the contents in notepad and saved the file.
i have changed the font size from default to custom size.
i saved it.
When i open, other text files, notepad does not show normal font size, but changed to the cusomized font for all the files.
why and what is the fix for it
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It's because you've changed the format of the media that those files open in that the same will apply to all docs viewed in that media.

I think Wordpad may be the same, although I don't have anything to try in it.

You may have to use a free word processing package like Libre Office so that each document has its own format.

https://www.libreoffice.org/discover/libreoffice/

Offline jraju

• View Profile
The weird thing i noticed is , when i changed the font in msword and then copied it to the notepad, it takes notepad default font size and that is the problem. If suppoose , i edit a srt file, all the srt files changes to that font size and not ony those srt files , all the notepad files having  .txt extension becomes to show font size as the cusomized font for the one file.
I think, there may be a fix, but it eludes
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
If you format the media to a different format in which they were created, then they'll display in that media's format.

Why are you using a different media to view the docs in ?

I keep a number of useful websites listed in two Wordpad docs and have the font set to New Times Roman 12cpi so whichever of those two docs I use, they will display in that format.

Wordpad will probably have corresponding fonts to most word processor programs whereas Notepad seems to be quite limited.