Author Topic: Which is the best internet speed test available and would it test anywhere  (Read 9166 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Internet speed tests site are too many and they give different speed, both upload and download speed. If different sites show different speed to your area , then one is at a confusing  as to what the real speed his pc in both ways. If the speed test is near to your area, will it give a correct speed? or it does not matter. Secondly, Why this different data in different sites. Please let me know the best site, and safer one. Is the speed test different from band width? Pl a little more explaiing
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 07:29:54 pm by jraju »
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Bubba Euler

• View Profile
I like speedtest.net and also, as a backup, speakeasy.net/speedtest.  Have fun!

Bubba Euler

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
Shane has some nice free tools for measuring the speed of your internet connection. (at www.PcWinTech.com) Remember, the download/upload speed is as fast as the weakest/slowest link in the (internet-)chain.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Please  give the name of the software. I will try it. I found registry tool by Shane, a fine utility and will definitely try any tool by pcwintools.
                   Thank you for reply

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Your tool shows network traffic send spped and rec speed , which is around 33 kb per second. Is that the speed provided by the service provider or the download provider. Because, when i downloaded from some other sites, it shows about 67 kb per second. Is the download speed is determined by the downloader server or the service provider. Is the speed normal. I have opted for unlimited downloads, and my speed test at my service provider, a little 300 km away from my area shows 60 to 70 kbs. I am asking because, the download traffic, that is person who would have opted the same file as download, would reduce the speed at my end. A little clarification please , shane, sir

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It just shows what your system is currently using. the speedtest.net will max your connection showing what you can handle. There isnt any test that tests other ISP's. From the speeds you posted I would say it is time to find a better ISP lol

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Thank you for the reply. But i want to know, whether the download allowing site is only allowing this speed for my download. In some other sites, it gives 70 kb for low end unlimited download plans.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
70kb is very slow.

You want at least a 3mb (300 kb) plan or better.

Shane