Author Topic: Thumbs up for Registry Backup  (Read 5936 times)

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
Thumbs up for Registry Backup
« on: May 03, 2013, 05:32:55 pm »
Registry Backup has saved "my (computer) bacon" about 4 times. The last time was today. Somehow the registry got compromised and when I started five times my Win 7 laptop I was confronted five times with the infamous BSOD. Then I started windows in Safe Mode, ran Registry Backup, restored the registry to a previous date and after a restart the system was back to normal.

Offline chigwells

• View Profile
Re: Thumbs up for Registry Backup
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 06:12:58 pm »
That's great news!

I've just been checking out http://www.tweaking.com/articles/pages/tweaking_com_registry_backup_online_help.html and will starting doing this too

Thanks for posting, Chig

Edit: just went into All programs > Tweaking.com > All-in-One, and discovered Registry Backup sitting there, didn't even know it was there, so double thx  :smiley:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 06:18:31 pm by chigwells »

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
Re: Thumbs up for Registry Backup
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 07:46:48 am »
More goods news about RB. Today I started my laptop and at an extremely early stage all seemed to "go to hell in a handbasket". My laptop was frozen, it kept bleeping and there wasn't any progress in the start up procedure. Tried a number of things, but to no avail. Then I rebooted my laptop and pressed F8 and managed to enter "Safe Mode", ran RB, restored the registry to an earlier date and after a reboot all was back to normal.

I thought I had to execute the more cumbersome MS System Restore but I was lucky. RB saved the day.

@chigswell: Yes, RB doens't place a shortcut on the desktop and that's why that wonderful RB remains "under the radar" for a lot of WR users.