Author Topic: srvcli.dll Is Preventing Tweaking.com-Windows Repair v1.9.14 From Running  (Read 10663 times)

Offline toriu

• View Profile
I accidentally removed my post so I'm posting it again.

So glad to have found this forum. I have downloaded Tweaking.com-Windows Repair v1.9.14 and the first thing that happens is a message pops up reading "psexec.exe-Bad Image: C:\Windows\system32\srvcli.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support."
My computer is a desktop with the following specs: Windows 7 64 bit, HAF 932, 850W PSU, X58 chipset, i7-920, 12GB DDR3-1600MHz
I use this computer mainly to run Microsoft Flight Simulator (FSX) which is running without problems, the issues I'm having are the programs that I use to run with FSX like live weather, ATC, and others, will not start and show the same or similar message as above. I hope I can get your program working. It might solve some problems

A reply from  willy2 read:  "The file could be damaged. Open Windows Repair and execute the system file scan (Step 3). Or open "CMD.exe"and run the command "sfc /scannow".

Performed a scan scan with "CMD.exe" and on completion it read "not all problems were repaired". Tried to run Tweaking.com-Windows Repair v1.9.14 again but the same message comes up. Attached is the CBS log.

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
1. This is not the proper part of the forum to post your problem (shane ??).
2. What's your Win 7 version ?
3. Go to the "C:\windows\system32" sub folder, find the file "srvcli.dll", right click on "properties" and see what the version of this file is. I am on Win 7 Home Premium and my version of this file is "6.1.7601.17514".
4. When did this problem surface ? After the monthly Microsoft update ?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
psexec.exe is used by my program to run repairs under the system account.

That error is saying that the srvcli.dll is bad. This can happen if the file got replaced by something else, got hit by a virus, or there is a bad sector on your hard drive and part of that file is in the bad sector.

The first things to do is to run a chkdsk on the drive and check for bad sectors. Once that is done run SFC /scannow in a cmd window and have the system check for bad files. :wink:

But before running sfc check the drive for bad sectors.

Shane

Offline toriu

• View Profile
Thanks Shane,

After completing the scan this is what it reads in the box.

"Verification 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."

Willy2, Thanks

I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. file version 6.1.7601.17514 is the same as yours.
Cant remember if it coincided with an update or not, its been over a week now.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Did you check the event viewer for the chkdsk log to see if it found any bad sectors or errors?

Shane