Author Topic: Help viewer encountered unexpected problem and cannot continue -msexcel 2007-  (Read 21575 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
 I  could not view the help files in my total ms office program 2007. Tried uninstall and reinstall. Tried microsoft fix for uninstalling. Tried control panel , program and features , repair.  All others are working. Updated about 36 windows updates from ms windows updates. Do not know which updates have caused this? Some updates if again attempted, failed with error code 80070003. pl help
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Never had a problem with help in office 2007 so I dont know off the top of my head.

Post a screen shot of the error you get.

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Shane, sometime pr scr working normal and any how i enclose the error , as copied using pr screen. reinstalling ms office 2007, by uninstalling throughly thro their uninstaller , again reinstalling and updating again all the updates (without updates also), this problem persists.
     Can i download excel and word help file separately as temp alternatives

Offline Rick

• View Profile
J, I am a little busy to try and give some advice about your problem now. I remember one time having a similar issue, I had to do a manual custom install and then add the help files.

Please check the first ten topics doing a google search;

how to disable help in 2007

I think they will be very helpful too you

Offline jraju

• View Profile
To Rick, Hi, i have tried all sorts and then only approaching this forum.
I think that nobody had the problem i had. It was giving much stress to me to find the solution to this problem. Even i addressed microsoft community about this problem. The solution came. But it was the one , i already tried. It has taken 16 hours of continuing with surfing the net, but could not get it corrected. I could not also post the attachement. One of the suggetion , for installation problem from a site, i noticed is with regard to user accounts. I did not think about it. Anyway, i tried to add one user to my computer and after giving admn right to the user, for this , i had to again surf the net. Windows seven forum suggested two approaches. But little more surfing had the simple power giving options. I had done, and i logged in the new user , and in the uac, i got this name also, i installed the ms office 07 and i clicked the help button. Wow, to my surprise, it worked. I stopped all updates and now i am able to get the help menus, Thank god.
I am the one who is using this computer as admn. Can i delete the old account. Will it pose some new problem pl give valuable suggestions

But there is another problem. When i logging to the new account, i am able to get the help file. But switching to my old account, the same problem persists. How, sir,
The same computer, same application but different scenarios.
How to correct this problem at my logging in my usual account. I am asking this, because, when i log in to the new user, i am not getting my user settings, but a different one.
Will some one will help me how to get rid of this problem. The ms office was uninstalled using their own fixit, and i installed the software again.

I am the one using this computer as admn. Can i delete the old user, that is me, from the user accounts. will it pose some problem when accessing or deleting, or in any way. pl help

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
If the problem only happens in the one user account then the error is going to be in the hkey current user reg keys somewhere.

As every user account has their own hkey current user section. So when one account works and the other doesnt then you always know to check there.

It is almost midnight for me and I am taking Sunday off for fathers day with my family. I will help more on Monday :-)

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Shane waiting for the solution from you. Which key i have to look at regeidt hkcu for microsoft office help.Shane, suddenly Help works for few days when i log on to my name (older )But to day it started again with the same problem I would be very much happy if you could suggest . Which could make the program to work for certain days and disable suddenly. Or is it in th HKCU. pl

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It just started working?

If you reboot will it start working again?

Shane

Offline Rick

• View Profile
J, you are lucky it works with another user, wait and lets see what key it is, it will be useful to know anyway so shane can create a fix it for that too.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
If the problem only happens in the one user account then the error is going to be in the hkey current user reg keys somewhere.

I am wondering why it is not working if i logged in to it. Does any cleaner would have deleted any thing in their sweep. Bearing this in mind , i used your tools for file permission and window files. It did not fix it.
Is it some thing wrong in the user profile.? . Now I am asking this because, somedays the other user may also experience some problem. Then one has to create so much users and administer admn rights, like taking oath in political circle to every users.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Shane   I am attaching herewith the log of event viewer. I think this is the problem that I have. Please help me resolve.
Hi, the problem was solved. I reset the internet explorer, by going to the internet options, advanced and selected. Reset. It warned me to close all the programs. I did and it asked me whether to preserve private settings, I uncheck and then it reset. I tried again the help and it worked. Thank you for all who have contributed to this thread.
Do not know how internet explorer reset would correct this problem. there is a external link available for online hlp and this would have been . Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 01:53:31 am by jraju »

Offline Rick

• View Profile
The help viewer is interated with internet explorer

thats why! good to know how to do now but I wonder, was it only one thing you needed to reset

LOL

Offline jraju

• View Profile
yes, I have tried all sorts of things. I tried to view the eventlog and which i enclosed. Since, this starts with hh.exe, which is a windows help file exe. I thought that problem is not in microsoft office and decided to look further. I went to the link in the log and found that the problem is due to vulnerability in the microsoft office help file. So, i had a relook at the help, by going to the other user and open the help. Then an idea struck. Microsoft Product is the internet explorer. So, if this might have been compromised by some third party programmes or corrupted. So, if you click the icon, the message immediately flash the error message. I again checked the event viewer.
            For any program to have the problem, i use to reset. I just reset and tried the help file. Wow, it works. Just to have the solution, i tried and it worked. I want to share and hence shared. internet explorer, even though have security , it is easily exploited, i think so . Firefox is the best browser. But , any how internet explorer is downloaded with windows installation. lThank you

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline jraju

• View Profile
No,Shane, sir, That was a lengthyyyyy article, which described the vulnerability on windows server and internet explorer. The solution given for registry, could not be deciphered, which one to use. I just reset, internet explorer to installation settings, and it cleared my problem. There are still more updates for microsoft office , about 35 both for security and applications.