Author Topic: No MDAC in Win 7 again  (Read 5858 times)

Offline stevenamills

• View Profile
No MDAC in Win 7 again
« on: August 11, 2013, 12:42:14 pm »
Greeting tweakers - new guy here -

There was an excellent thread here:

http://www.tweaking.com/forums/index.php?topic=942.0 about one user that had a 64 bit Win 7 machine that couldn't use programs requiring MDAC. I could have been the original poster. I've tried everything suggested and my results were the same. The thread died in March with over 3500 views, so I assume my problem isn't unique. he only possible difference is when I run the repair tool. I get it never seems to complete. Even though it says the total repair time is .05, hitting Stop gives the message shown in the attachment. It never finishes. Maybe there is something there.

Anyway, I believe it was pretty much decided that the original OP should backup and rebuild his system. The thought of that gives me gas.

Has anyone discovered anything new?

Thanks for any help.

Steve

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: No MDAC in Win 7 again
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 01:09:59 pm »
Odd, I am going to be getting rid of the individual repair tools soon. Reason why is the repair tool list is growing more and more in the Windows repair tool and it is a pain in the but to have to go update 35+ programs every update :-)

Try the MDAC repair in the main windows repair program, just unselect all the other repairs and see how that does and let me know :wink:

Shane

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
Re: No MDAC in Win 7 again
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 01:28:28 am »
The repair only takes 5 seconds and that's (way) too fast.

There's a file called "mdac.txt" in the "files" subfolder of Windows Repair. Open the file and check how many of the files are present on your system.