Author Topic: New user to tweaking.com  (Read 5946 times)

Offline MazdaMX5

• View Profile
New user to tweaking.com
« on: August 28, 2013, 03:24:51 pm »
Hi, I am a new user to tweaking.com and I was very impressed with the program, however, being IT illiterate...:-)... I could really do with some help with the logs.  Is there anywhere where I can submit my logs for someone to look at?

Thank you in advance:-)

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
Re: New user to tweaking.com
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 11:57:46 pm »
Delete the old log. Rerun the program and add the new log as an attachment (see under the box where you type your reply) to your next post. Give more info what setup you have (e.g. name of anti virus program, 32 bit or 64 bit system, Windows XP, Windows Vista, .......... ).

Offline MazdaMX5

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 02:27:01 pm »
Thank you for the reply.  I am trying to take a mor3e proactive approach towards fixing computer issues as I had a major problem with windows 7 not saving anything I was doing in a particular program. Problem was despite complaining to the software people (of the program I was using which is a program solely for accountants), and hiring the services of IT experts on several occasions, nobody found an answer.  It nearly cost me my business and it was only because I finally decided to do some research on the various error messages that I worked out it was windows 7. Since changing back to windows XP, I have no problems. As Microsoft is not going to be supporting windows xp for much longer, I decided I best try to learn what I can in case I run into problems.

Anyhow after running tweaking.com I had problems with word coming up with word cannot open this document template but I researched it and managed to fix the issue so I guess your program brought out something which would have more than likely caused problems down the track. Anyhow I am interested in learning what the logs will tell me and I appreciate your help.

I noticed the errors with msword (cannot open document template....) came back after using the software again but I know how to fix them now.

I have attached my log. I would appreciate someone explaining the various parts to me.  I am using Windows 7 still on this computer with office 2010. 64 bit.

Many thanks

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 10:51:42 am »
The logs only record any errors. So they wont give much info.

I have never had my repair program causes errors with office. So what is the fix you found to make word work again, I can see what that fix is and see if I can find out what repair is triggering it :wink:

Shane