Author Topic: All-In-One made computer unbootable  (Read 5324 times)

Offline jbanonis

• View Profile
All-In-One made computer unbootable
« on: September 28, 2013, 08:05:14 pm »
Hello all,
I installed and used the All in one repair tool from tweaking.com to fix some of the problems I'm having with my Acer Aspire One AO725.  Well it was working alright before I did this, figured I would help it perform a little better.  It tells me I have to turn off my antivirus and malware software before doing any of the repairs so I do.  I run the repairs I wanted and a restart was needed after.  I restart the computer and low and behold, It doesn't boot up into windows 8 at all.  It gives me the Acer logo screen for a while and then flashes a blue screen and restarts and says preparing automatic repair.  Well it doesn't start the automatic repair and instead sits black for a while before restarting this process.  It does this over and over again.  I've tried several things but can't get it working.  I have had extremely bad luck with this program and don't know why. :angry:

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
Re: All-In-One made computer unbootable
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 08:15:54 am »
Did you backup the registry before using the program ? Then you can restore the registry to the previous state.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: All-In-One made computer unbootable
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 11:51:38 am »
That is very odd, I have used it on a ton of Windows 8 systems without any trouble.

Have you drained all the power out of the system yet? Sounds like Windows is trying to boot with the fast boot option. I have also seen some systems that had back sectors ont he drive be the culprit, even new systems can have bad drives. Any chance you ran a chkdsk on the drive for bad sectors before the repairs?

Shane