Author Topic: Problem I want to fix  (Read 12760 times)

Offline jbyrdmor

• View Profile
Problem I want to fix
« on: October 19, 2011, 09:45:47 am »
After running your Windows Repair v. 1.4.1, my Windows 7 Home Premium system now starts up showing an open Windows Explorer window to an empty folder: ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\AutorunsDisabled. This now happens every time I boot up, reboot, start or restart my computer/system.

I find this very annoying and unfortunately do not have the technical expertise to fix the problem on my own. I tried opening win.ini and system.ini to see if there was some command there I could delete, but there isn't.

I await your instructions as to how to solve this. Thanks.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Problem I want to fix
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 09:48:10 am »
This isnt from my repair windows tool, this is just a folder in your startup folder :wink:

Go to your start menu, go to all programs then go to start up. In there you will see the AutorunsDisabled, just right click on it and hit delete.

Your all done :wink:

Shane

Offline jbyrdmor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 10:05:40 am »
Thanks, I did that and am sure the problem is fixed. Still, this problem occurred directly after running v. 1.4.1 and has never happened previously, thus leading me to believe that it was a direct result of using your Windows Repair utility (don't know what else could have caused it). Anyway, no harm done.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 10:09:24 am »
Sounds like bad timing with something else. My program doesn't touch the startup folder or have a single line of code that would make a folder called AutorunsDisabled.

What could of happened is the folder in the startup could have been put there by another program and was marked hidden. So when my unhide non system files ran it unhid the folder, and you started seeing it.

I made the unhide repair because there is a virus out there that hides every single file on a persons system. That repair gets all the files back to normal :-)

Glad your all fixed. :wink:

Shane