Author Topic: Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Free/Pro Ideas.  (Read 30738 times)

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Free/Pro Ideas.
« on: April 07, 2014, 11:30:11 am »
I am going to be making a new version of the Windows repair that will be a free/pro version.

The pro version will be a version with extra features and such you can buy while the free version will have all the current options that is already in the program.

Most important thing, all repairs in the program currently and all future repairs will remain free! I am not going to shoot myself in the foot by taking things away from my users!

So any ideas you post about to add to the pro side must not affect the free side of the program such as the repairs and current options.

So to make it clear one more time, nothing that is in the program currently is to be taken away from the free version.

So now that is covered, I need some freaking ideas for a pro version! lol

So what better way to come up with ideas then to ask the users who use it the most?

So here is what I would like from you, please post any and all ideas you have on what I can add to the program as a pro feature.

Please remember that I wont be able to add all the ideas that are requested, but will try my best to add the best ideas.

Also there will be no pop ups or nag screens in the free version asking people to upgrade to pro, I hate nag screens!

Current WR Pro Feature Ideas:

Code: [Select]
System tray monitor, can have it set to monitor specified services, reg keys and files.
System tray monitor can also auto delete temp files that are over so many hours old.
Have updates download and install without having to redownload the program.
System tray monitor, have option to run a repair quickly from the menu or even by set keys on the key board.
Allow custom add ons.

Shane
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 12:48:47 pm by Shane »

Offline silents429

• I secretly enjoy troubleshooting problems.
    • View Profile
Re: Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Free/Pro Ideas.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 12:48:52 pm »
Save what repairs or tweaks you did on 1 PC and transfer them to another computer to do the same tweaks maybe. Like the ability to save the information to a file that the program reads then load the file on the other computer.
 (I feel like it already saves the tweaks with the portable version ;-; )

Could use the program as a way of adjusting services like you can in the msconfig, but gives explanation to what the service will affect.

This is harder then I thought it would be.   :confused:

edit- Or have error codes listed on the program, for blue screens, or exception errors.. And maybe the causes or fixes for them.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 12:52:26 pm »
Save what repairs or tweaks you did on 1 PC and transfer them to another computer to do the same tweaks maybe. Like the ability to save the information to a file that the program reads then load the file on the other computer.
 (I feel like it already saves the tweaks with the portable version ;-; )

True, it saves the current selected repairs in the settings.ini file. But what about being able to make your own predefined chosen repairs that you could load up? Granted I always just run all the repairs, others may like to be able to have certain repairs for certain actions, and then maybe save that list for later use.

Could use the program as a way of adjusting services like you can in the msconfig, but gives explanation to what the service will affect.

Right now you can edit the service txt file to change startup. But what about maybe some extra tweaks or commands that the users puts in that are ran after all the repairs are, like tweaking the computer after since so many things are put back to default?

How do those sound?

Shane

Offline silents429

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 12:55:52 pm »
That last one would be perfect actually.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 12:58:49 pm »
Ok good I will add it to the list.

Which do you think would be better, and option to run a file after the repairs are done (So a user can run anything, even bat files that can do the tweaks they want) or just an option to run a custom bat, vbs or reg file?

Shane

Offline silents429

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 01:21:48 pm »
First sounds better.

Offline parkd1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 07:32:52 am »
Would there be a trial of the pro version like so many day then it goes to the free version. That way we can see if we really want to buy the pro version.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 02:25:42 pm »
Would there be a trial of the pro version like so many day then it goes to the free version. That way we can see if we really want to buy the pro version.

Dont know yet as I havent started working on the pro yet. :-)

Heck I dont even have a clue what I will be putting into the pro version yet lol

Shane

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 09:44:33 pm »

Dont know yet as I havent started working on the pro yet. :-)

Heck I dont even have a clue what I will be putting into the pro version yet lol

Shane

This thing more wonderful to have a professional and a free copy! However I would suggest the following:
If you want help with:

Do you want to help with the new version 3 of your products in order to translate into my native language? If so, I can help, however, and I'm ready for the new version 3! Lol  :smiley: :wink:

Also I would suggest adding a bar "About" to put your rights and the name of the developer on your program. To prevent the theft of your business!  :artist:

In the new version 3 should have an option for automatic update for professional version. "No need anymore to download the update file manually!  :smiley:

Logo and new interface of the program and this will be more wonderful if we already have it....  :wink:

Logos designed by me!  :wink: :shy:

« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 09:51:44 pm by G-hot »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 10:03:45 am »
Keep the feedback coming.

Now that v2.6.0 is done I am going to be updating my other programs with the new color changing options.

So while I work on those I will be waiting for more feedback on the pro idea.

I am in no rush to put out a pro/free just yet. Want to take my time and make sure it is done right :-D

shane

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 04:12:50 pm »
This is just the new features and alternative repair  for the Pro version

add Login screen repair. "In some cases, a problem occurs when the computer has just boot at the login screen, causing stuck to the screen.

add repair for other browsers .

add repair for remove non Windows desktop wallpaper . a lot of wallpaper is a malware !

add fixes/script box for malware helper forum’s In order to clean up our computer with their forums there!

Add third-party applications such as RogueKiller , BlueScreenView , etc there a lot of app

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 12:37:10 pm »
As I said in the first post, any and all repairs will always stay free, even new repairs down the road :-)

Shane

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 04:52:18 pm »
- Give the PRO user a list in which they select which tasks from WR need to be done and then run those tasks automatically. e.g. CHKDSK, Systemfile check, backing up registry, system restore points & repairs. What ever is possible & what you like. That would be a TRUE PRO version. Automate as much as possible. Now the user has to (manually) take those steps.
- Add a check (e.g. flashing screen) when the repairs take too long to complete (after say 30, 40, 50, ........ minutes).
- Add an option to automatically open a word processor to view the main log file after running.
- add a option to let the user run his/her own MSDOS script.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 04:54:46 pm by Willy2 »

Offline dss56

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2014, 12:19:54 pm »
How about adding a .dll tool to add missing .dll files that would help if not already in your software.

dss56

Offline marcmoreno49

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2014, 02:16:05 pm »
Hello All,

I am new to the forum but a long time user of the programs on both of Shane's sites.

Since a Pro version would most likely appeal to those who are more comfortable dealing with Windows at all levels, I think including the Advanced System Tweaker functionality would make the Pro version even more useful to those types of users. This is almost a necessity since many of the "repairs" may partially or wholly undo many of the "tweaks" already applied.

Marc

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2014, 03:58:48 am »
Hello All,

I am new to the forum but a long time user of the programs on both of Shane's sites.

Since a Pro version would most likely appeal to those who are more comfortable dealing with Windows at all levels, I think including the Advanced System Tweaker functionality would make the Pro version even more useful to those types of users. This is almost a necessity since many of the "repairs" may partially or wholly undo many of the "tweaks" already applied.

Marc

That is a good idea, I can have a tweak section that can be ran automatically after the repairs are done. Even on my own systems, since WR puts things back to default, such as services, I have to go run my tweaks again afterwards. I like my systems fine tuned.

Having the program do it afterwards would save me some work. So I do like the idea. Maybe take a step further have have bat and reg commands a user can put of their own as well :-)

Shane

Offline parkd1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2014, 10:56:55 am »
Hello All,

Marc

That is a good idea, I can have a tweak section that can be ran automatically after the repairs are done. Even on my own systems, since WR puts things back to default, such as services, I have to go run my tweaks again afterwards. I like my systems fine tuned.

Having the program do it afterwards would save me some work. So I do like the idea. Maybe take a step further have have bat and reg commands a user can put of their own as well :-)

Shane

That is a great idea.

Offline oldhippyqueen

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2015, 08:47:36 pm »
How about an option to reboot into safe mode with networking as the first repair option?

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2015, 04:58:47 pm »
How about an option to reboot into safe mode with networking as the first repair option?

I looked into it and the only way to do that is to mess with the boot manager, which I am not wanting to do just yet. Mess up the boot manager and you dont boot lol.

I would rather not take that chance until I have more info on it. :wink:

Shane

Offline techienerd11

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2015, 03:52:58 am »
the 1st thing you said

Offline Wizard63

• View Profile
    • My Site
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2015, 08:33:28 am »
Who do I need to contact about my pro version? When I did the recent update it said I was missing files and did away with my key when I reinstalled Windows Repair.

Offline Julian

• "Professional Googler"
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2015, 01:55:51 pm »
Who do I need to contact about my pro version? When I did the recent update it said I was missing files and did away with my key when I reinstalled Windows Repair.

Just need to Talk with Shane below is the link to his Email you can't Pm him on the forums but he checks his email  :wink:

click on the link:
http://www.tweaking.com/core/imprint/index.html
Julian

Offline Wizard63

• View Profile
    • My Site
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2015, 02:10:04 pm »
 :smiley: Thanks, I will try that.

Offline nootax

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2016, 01:07:14 pm »
For me, I am stuck with XP at the moment. Need to know if all your programs will work with XP? Is there compatibility problems? If, so, should I stick with the current version I have, which seems to work?

Offline Samson

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2016, 01:49:23 pm »
A fellow XP user here.

All Shane's programs support XP and run just fine  :wink: