Author Topic: (Solved) hardware information of Monitor any tool available  (Read 23817 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Re: hardware information of Monitor any tool available
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2014, 12:35:45 am »
in OSD, in special, i have two options. One recall and other Reset. But it is always on. Should i turn it off and then on and then reboot to get the reset of the monitor. When i click the adjustment button . It shows two menu Ok and cancel. If i choose the cancel menu and then stop the adj button, it again turns to ok. I could only explain, but i could not prt screen . Since it is osd
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2014, 01:06:15 am »
I don't understand what you mean that the Recall and Reset are always on - do you mean that those are active screen buttons that you would click on ?

I'm not sure what the Recall does but the software Reset option must be there instead of the otherwise regular button - it's a pity the User manual won't download as that operation would probably have been included in it.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2014, 01:21:23 am »
Hi, Normally when you reset some settings in position and all other items, you use the adjustment button, a square button on the right and then reset the nos by adding or reducing and you again press this button when you reach a desired state.
                         so, when i go to special menu, that is the last adj button and then try to adjust it to cancel instead of default on position. I could not cancel if i press this button again. Now it shows OK instead of nil.These are not active screen buttons, It auto close once everything is done. The settings are active buttons located below the monitor screen.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2014, 06:37:46 am »
On the support page - http://www.lg.com/levant_en/support-product/lg-700E# there are some contact phone numbers - why not give one of those a try ?

From the UK they are displaying as Free Phone Nos but don't know how they will display for you in India.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2014, 12:52:45 am »
Hi, This problem has been resolved with a simple long  press in the > adjustable button at the right in the OSD of monitor. I degaussed and then reset. It was present in the special tab in the monitor menu, when you press the round button at the left. I checked with changing the numbers in position contrast etc, and it worked. simply wonderful and easy but evading solution for the past few days. It is by trial and error method i found out. Once, i long press the Reset Button, it is reporting as done. when you see the adjustments, it it amazing to find  that the problem is settled. Everything is placed in default settings, and my stretched problem has been solved.
Thanks shane, for his immediate diagnostics and Boggins for gem of replies to this thread
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 04:18:29 am by jraju »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: (Solved) hardware information of Monitor any tool available
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2014, 02:52:27 am »
It's always a great feeling when you get a long standing problem resolved  :smiley: