Author Topic: System Event Notification  (Read 14986 times)

Offline shemaya

• View Profile
System Event Notification
« on: December 16, 2014, 02:19:36 am »
Hi shane,
when shutting down my laptop the system event notification service takes a long time to shut down. I am running on Windows 7. I . I have run the windows repair program but it has not solved the problem. Can you help.
Regards
John

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: System Event Notification
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 09:30:18 am »
It might be taking a while because it is waiting on other service to stop first. I would think the event notification service would be the last to stop so that way anything shutting down can still report to the event log.

Does the event log so anything at the time you are shutting down to see if it pinpoints to anything?

Shane

Offline shemaya

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 02:13:42 pm »
No. The only message on the screen is :"Please wait for the system event notification service". It takes about 10 minutes to shut down.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 03:41:48 am »
Try this with care
                  RDP into the machine as any admin user, open task manager, go to services tab, find SENS and right click on it then choose "go to process" and end the process.
How to go to the RDP link is here
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/turn-on-remote-desktop-in-windows-vista/
This will work also for your system. Try. Shane pl approve this if it is correct.
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 04:43:23 am »
 Hi, Shane, I found that this problem is now common and there is no readymade fix, found for this problem.Please read this and then approve and i would request the thread owner to use this after nod from Shane
 After trying the above solution, if not cleared pl try This. This is a registry fix, and so it is safe to handle by exporting this key and then make change as required. Otherwise, your computer may not boot, so, bear in mind that this fix is registry and i would like Shane, sir, to approve and also how to export registry keys.
pl shane.
 Check the value of (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management) ClearPageFile at Shutdown
Value is 0 – so did not make any changes here.if any, change to 0 hexadecimal

2. Tale  backup and changed the value of the below registry key:
HKLM >> system >> current control set001>> select control >> WaitToKillServiceTimeout >> Change the value from 5000 to 500.(my system value shows 12000 and hence 1200 may terminate service time out to fix this issue.

Offline Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 04:44:10 am »
Hi shane,
when shutting down my laptop the system event notification service takes a long time to shut down. I am running on Windows 7. I . I have run the windows repair program but it has not solved the problem. Can you help.
Regards
John

suggestion; download 360, run all applications within 360 and it will also show the login and log-off boot times; it will show you what is delaying system and update areas not normally offered...
-nice program.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 03:56:42 am »
If the ClearPageFile at Shutdown is set that would slow it down a lot because it is securely removing the page file, which is normally very large.

When windows is shutting down and gets to that point, does the hard drive light stay fully lit and you can tell the drive is working?

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 12:43:17 am »
Hi,  Shane
                This is a work around said to have been given by microsoft for  this problem. From the articles, i found in the middle of thread. Microsoft has not fixed the problem. Shane, i did not give the link because it contains about 20 pages of threads, and if i just give the link that it would not be easy to locate this solution. Anyhow, i will try to post the link, so that you could also see. By the by, why we do not get those errors. May be update problem?