Author Topic: New Global spying ring found; The Ulitmate Network Problem I have ever seen ...  (Read 7177 times)

Offline Rick

• View Profile
Question, I have a direct link to my router, yet it shows some mysterious unknown device before it connects directly.

Questions; Solutions?

Dear Cisco, who is inside your network?

New Global spying ring found

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Doubt it, Windows trys to see what you are connected to by sending packets and other commands and see if the devices respond. But it isnt always correct. such as on my system it shows a hub and then a switch before it gets to the router, where instead the one I used was in vmware, there isnt any hub or switch for it but it thinks there is since it is another connection node before it gets to the internet.

In your case windows is simply seeing another node that doesnt respond with what it is. So it just says unknown.

Shane

Offline Rick

• View Profile
Doubt it, Windows tries to see what you are connected to by sending packets and other commands and see if the devices respond. But it isn't always correct. such as on my system it shows a hub and then a switch before it gets to the router, where instead the one I used was in vmware, there isn't any hub or switch for it but it thinks there is since it is another connection node before it gets to the internet.

In your case windows is simply seeing another node that doesn't respond with what it is. So it just says unknown.

* actually, the problem does exist... just like the problem I found hiding messages inside images.
a node only responds if it is their; the real question is; is it recognized or not? if not, then the obvious is true Dr. Watson.

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Did you try Netstat -ano command in elevation.
                   This command will give you all the networks connected to your computer at present . But before that please go to Task Manager and then in view menu select PID and then go to the command prompt. It shows connected ips and you could easily find what are the pids are connected. Then go to the task manager to see the connection details for those pids and then find who is not known, but whose connection is established. This gives you an idea of the unwanted connections, which might have sent you these weird message
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Of course this is MS we are taking about, they have always been known to have some sort of back doors in them that people have found, but no one knows what they do. :tongue:

I am not sure on this one as my system reports the network properly.

Shane

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
You could see what Netalyzr reports (requires Java) http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/