Author Topic: Bug  (Read 11037 times)

Offline tgacomp

• View Profile
Bug
« on: August 02, 2012, 05:19:11 pm »
Great program, but I have found a bug- after you run the all in one program it causes an error when you run ITunes- "Warning the registry setting used for importing CD are missing"

Also possible fix you could add to the all in one- Icons wont run, common problem caused by viruses, fix file attached.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Bug
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 11:14:03 am »
but I have found a bug- after you run the all in one program it causes an error when you run ITunes- "Warning the registry setting used for importing CD are missing"

I wonder what reg keys it is looking for?

Also possible fix you could add to the all in one- Icons wont run, common problem caused by viruses, fix file attached.

Cool I will look this one over :-)

Shane

Offline tgacomp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 02:19:10 pm »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 01:50:58 pm »
Ah I see :cheesy:

My repair Cd/dvd deletes the 3rd party filters. It is how MS recommends repairing it.

For the iTunes they want their custom filter in there.

So the trick would be is to have the program, in some way, see if itunes is on the system and if it is puts their filter in there.

Shane

Offline tgacomp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 03:20:27 pm »
ITunes is on the majority of PCs I would say 80-90% (just about everyone has an IPod so maybe you could just do it for all of them

Regards, Steve

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 11:56:34 am »
Already added a fix for it in the new version that went out yesterday :wink:

v1.8.0
Replaced Erunt registry backup with Tweaking.com - Registry Backup
Some new viruses have been adding programs to the Image File Execution Options in the registry. Keeping those programs from running. I have added 773 more items to the Remove Policies Set By Infections.
Added new repair "Repair Windows Snipping Tool". This will run on vista or newer and replace the reg keys needed for the snipping tool.
Added new repair "Repair .lnk (Shortcuts) File Association" This will run on vista or newer.
Updated the "Repair CD/DVD Missing/Not Working" to see if iTunes is running (Looks for ituneshelper.exe is running). If it is it puts the iTunes "UpperFilters" for the cd/dvd rom drive so iTunes wont give the error "Warning the registry setting used for importing CD are missing". More info here http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2372?viewlocale=en_US
Multiple code improvements.

Shane

Offline neroilo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 03:06:31 pm »

I have just checked out, it wasn't pcwintech (my mistake). It's called repairs_running.dat.
Considering the name, it should be removed when the program finishes all repairs.

I do have it set to delete when it is done. I will double check again though :-)

Shane

Did you fix "repairs_running.dat" issue in the new version too?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 03:12:27 pm by neroilo »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 03:07:47 pm »
v1.8.0
Some new viruses have been adding programs to the Image File Execution Options in the registry. Keeping those programs from running. I have added 773 more items to the Remove Policies Set By Infections.
Added new repair "Repair Windows Snipping Tool". This will run on vista or newer and replace the reg keys needed for the snipping tool.
Added new repair "Repair .lnk (Shortcuts) File Association" This will run on vista or newer.
Updated the "Repair CD/DVD Missing/Not Working" to see if iTunes is running (Looks for ituneshelper.exe is running). If it is it puts the iTunes "UpperFilters" for the cd/dvd rom drive so iTunes wont give the error "Warning the registry setting used for importing CD are missing". More info here http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2372?viewlocale=en_US

Sure Did :-)

Shane

Offline neroilo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 04:18:41 pm »
v1.8.0

Sure Did :-)

Shane

Ehm, I was talking about another issue not listed there.
I corrected my previous post, just to be clear :-)

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 04:56:34 pm »
Did you fix "repairs_running.dat" issue in the new version too?

I did add it to where the program makes sure to kill that file when the program closes, so it should fix it being left over :wink:

Shane