Author Topic: Solved how to avoid the blacklist ip of the service provider in login  (Read 21895 times)

Offline Samson

• View Profile
Well there is your answer right there  :smiley:

Leave it on 24/7, each time you turn it on/off you will be getting a new IP, and so the idle time "0"/ keep alive is meaningless.
Try keeping it on a week, all the time, leave your idle time "0"/ keep alive as it is and see if your IP address changes, if it does then you know that BSNL give short leases on IP addresses.

Router only uses about 5/10W, so it won't cost a whole lot, but may get warm in summer, especially in India, so keep it cool if you can.

This explains better what I have been calling a short term static address, ie my dynamic IP with the router on 24/7...

"A sticky dynamic IP address is an informal term used by cable and DSL Internet access subscribers to describe a dynamically assigned IP address which seldom changes. The addresses are usually assigned with DHCP. Since the modems are usually powered on for extended periods of time, the address leases are usually set to long periods and simply renewed. If a modem is turned off and powered up again before the next expiration of the address lease, it will most likely receive the same IP address."

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi,  am not bothering of cost of electricity to modem. But it seems that it is not turned on 24x7 by all. Please say , if i do that here, modem would burst on the maximum of 2 days. The power surge would immediately damage the modem , is int? Do you attach your modem in the UPS , so that it is not powered off ,like UPS.
Would it be safe?
Could i plug the modem in the UPS, in the provided plug other than the monitor and cpu. Here the temperature is always in 32 degree celcius
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Samson

• View Profile
This is getting country specific J, things are different between our 2 countries  :wink:

Here, everyone that I know keeps their router on 24/7. But we are lucky enough to have uninterrupted (for the most part  :wink:) electricity supply. So a USP is not necessary here, I do not have one. I think using one if you have it would be a wise move.

We don't get very high temperatures here  :sad:, but my router can get quite warm. I stand mine vertically, it helps with cooling...

Some people add heatsinks, fans etc, but keeping it in a ventilated area should be fine.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Thanks for extra tips. I usually power off the router , but not power off the ups. May i plug in to one of the UPS sockets, that is what i want to know.

Offline Samson

• View Profile
I see no reason why not to.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
hi, will try and check whether, it changes. Moreover, i have to log on to the non infected ips. I have to check that first and then try the things. If it is proved, then if you have uninterrupted power supply , it will  be ok. But , if power is off, then i get a new ip, which have to be checked .Of tedious practice.
                         I appreciate your position of getting Uninterrupted power supply, not needing any UPS box.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Re: Solved how to avoid the blacklist ip of the service provider in login
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2016, 07:12:53 am »
Hi, Thanks for all help in this thread.
                The global ip , if obtained with uninterrupted power supply , then it is good that one is having safe browsing. One time check with sites like netalyzr would be enough, because of the static global ip, but if power cut is frequent or atleast once in a week, then it is better to have the firewall turned on and be behind the nat router to be safe.
                  Samson, i am having daily power cut, maintenance or unscheduled or scheduled. So, my isp could not do anything in this regard.