Author Topic: Memory problems Windows 10x64 Pro  (Read 5603 times)

Offline MSRadell

• View Profile
Memory problems Windows 10x64 Pro
« on: July 23, 2016, 08:21:22 pm »
I've been getting Virtual Memory Errors on my Sager NP-7378 on a pretty regular basis. Just before this happens I graphics stops working and part or all of my screen goes blank. I tried disabling my Nvidia video card and that made no difference. I also tried disabling the internal video on the processor forcing everything to the Nvidia card and the problem persisted. However if I use the Who Crashed utility it doesn't show anything if the cause of the crash.

Tonight, when I started losing graphics on my screen I fortunately had Process Explorer open and was able to take a quick use at memory usage with it. I'm attaching a screenshot which shows that I have plenty of physical memory available but for some reason the amount of virtual memory being used is climbing rapidly.

I was just using IE11 doing some browsing when this happened in the only other software open on the machine was Outlook 2016.

Any idea what's causing this problem and how I can correct it? I've already tried a complete reinstallation of Windows 10x64 Pro and that had no effect.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Memory problems Windows 10x64 Pro
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 01:14:14 am »
Can you go Start - type services.msc - press enter then scroll down to SuperFetch - right click on it and select Properties then use the dropdown to select Disabled - Apply - OK then see if that resolves the high System usage.