Author Topic: Have a friend diagnosed with vertigo recently; "STOP FLASHING ADS"  (Read 4666 times)

Offline Rick

• View Profile
Today, we have to start to recognize the disabled people that use the internet; flashing ads and such can cause episodes and in some cases send people to the hospital;

We need a program called, the vertigo program, stops all pop-ups and flashing ads; and I mean all of them.

Offline Rick

• View Profile
Re: Have a friend diagnosed with vertigo recently; "STOP FLASHING ADS"
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 12:54:46 am »
Today, we have to start to recognize the disabled people that use the internet; flashing ads and such can cause episodes and in some cases send people to the hospital;

We need a program called, the vertigo program, stops all pop-ups and flashing ads; and I mean all of them.

There not just annoying any longer when they cause medical conditions to become worse!

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Have a friend diagnosed with vertigo recently; "STOP FLASHING ADS"
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 01:55:47 am »
I used to use Adblock Plus in my IE 11 but found it was causing IE to stop working in Win 10.

In it I had our friends at www.majorgeeks.com white listed as well as a website I occasionally use which has dynamic data that was blocked otherwise.

I have uBlock Origin installed in my Firefox but as I rarely use Firefox, I just have uBlock installed as a matter of course.

These may help your friend.

I know what flashing images can do sometimes as years ago it had the effect of producing an epileptic fit in a then young friend of my sons.