Author Topic: Windows 7 x64 SP1 Ultimate - Media Features fail to be enabled-installed  (Read 4981 times)

Offline ttiihone

• View Profile
Hello everyone and Shane.

So I have previously uninstalled the Win 7 x64 SP1 Ultimate's MEDIA FEATURES through "Turn Windows Features On or Off" and now I want that feature back (ie. its 3 'sub-features' MediaCenter, WindowsMediaPlayer and MediaPlayback. Unfortunately, Windows gives me an error and the installation failed. I am the Administrator of my PC – I use the original admin account :) I have all the Win updates installed, also for other software, hardware etc.

I also tried to ENABLE those three features via DISM and it failed with error-code 1603. Command Prompt copy/paste is below (MediaPlayback has to be enabled first).

C:\Windows\System32>DISM /online /enable-feature /featurename:MediaPlayback

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Image Version: 6.1.7601.23403

Enabling feature(s)
[==========================100.0%==========================]

Error: 1603

Fatal error during installation.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

The initially clean DISM log file is attached. It is total Hebrew to me so I hope You could help me out.

Is something missing or misconfigured on my PC? I must say that my SERVICES are NOT set to default start-up and I have done tons of things to tweak my PC so I might have broken something by accident.

Hope You could help me out!

And a HUGE THANK YOU for making this software!

-Tommi

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Have you tried just enabling one of them at a time ?

Offline ttiihone

• View Profile
Yes I  have, and actually they have to be enabled in certain order, but the first one of those three that has to be enabled first - I don't remember now what it was - fails to get installed but ends to an error.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Can you run a sfc /scannow to see what that reports.

Also, Event Viewer may have something on this as to why it is failing to be enabled.

I was looking through this list of services to see if anything could be reinstalled, but I don't know if any would help.

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/236709-services-restore-default-services-windows-7-a.html
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 03:49:52 am by Boggin »