Author Topic: MailStore Home setup  (Read 3638 times)

Offline utbas1953

• View Profile
MailStore Home setup
« on: September 18, 2018, 12:44:45 pm »
Hello ALL. I want to know the EXACT steps to take to be able to archive and also export Mozilla Thunderbird emails.  I have read the info on MailStore website but just cannot work out the steps.  Thanks.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MailStore Home setup
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 01:13:42 pm »
I don't know it so can't help you with that.

Why not try Community Support or their Contact Us link - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/thunderbird

Offline utbas1953

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 01:37:35 pm »
Hi Boggin, thanks for the link but although I also have linked to the community page I cannot follow the info. This could be due to my nearly 83 year old brain going for a Burton  :confused:
Just as an aside to the last time I had a problem with my desktop computer. It turned out the main HDD had to be replaced.  Having bought the computer some 18 months ago and within the last four months have had to have the PSU and HDD replaced does not fill me with confidence on today's standard of quality. Mind you, since the recent latest cumulative W10 updates I have not suffered unknown crashes although that is a software situation. To think I had a Medion desktop last for 10 years with only the CD-player being replaced. Cheers.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 01:50:18 pm »
Without having Thunderbird to work with, the instructions would probably be useless to me as well.

If you have registered on their Community, ask if someone could walk you through the steps - I'm sure you would find someone to help you.

That doesn't bode well for an 18 month old machine, but hopefully the replacements will last a lot longer.

In 2011 I bought my younger son and his wife a Toshiba laptop which had the motherboard go down after just two years.

I salvaged it, had the motherboard replaced and upgraded it to Win 10 which is this machine and so far it's going okay, given that it isn't supposed to be Win 10 compatible.