Author Topic: Registry Backup Beta  (Read 315668 times)

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Registry Backup Beta
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2012, 02:43:42 pm »
One more update with the new marker file to test:

C:\Windows\tweaking.com-regbackup-SMC-Microsoft-Windows-7-Ultimate-(64-bit).dat

then I think it's ready for prime time.

Ok I updated the setup and portable version with the new build. I kept the same version for now, so just install over what you have :wink:
http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/registry_backup.html

Also I was updating my advanced system tweaker with a option to show how many items are in each treeview list. I did the same thing with the reg backup. See what you think and tell me yay or nay :-)

Shane

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2012, 04:24:56 pm »
I am adding another tab to the program. "Help & Support"

This tab will point people to the help, how-to and videos for the program.

I haven't done this yet because I don't have anywhere to point them to yet lol

But since the program is nearly out of beta I have got it started.

Shane

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2012, 05:30:54 pm »
Ok I went ahead and made v0.9.8

If all goes well I am hoping this will be the last beta. But this will be based on all your feedback :-)

I added the help section, see what you think. of course once final they will point to the proper pages instead of just the product page.

Let me know what you all think  :wink:

Shane

Offline chris635

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2012, 05:43:41 pm »
Hey Shane

I like the new tab. Just have to get the video's now lol :tongue:

Chris
Physical Science Technician
Avid Motorcyclist

Have a nice day - Chris

Offline Ztruker

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2012, 06:49:00 pm »
0.9.8 look s real good, worked perfectly. The new tracking file in \Windows is there as it should be.

A few more comments on dos_restore.cmd.

I think the first set of tests should be removed and you should only be looking for the marker file. Also, why check only from K: to C:? Windows can be installed on any drive letter from C: through Z:.

If you do not find it I think the restore should be aborted to prevent restoring the registry backup to the wrong drive. Either that or prompt the user for the drive letter to restore to with some kind of explanation why this is necessary.

I may be overly cautious but I know I would be very upset if using dos_restore.cmd destroyed a drive that should not have been touched. It would make that drive unbootable.
Rich
The only thing that is certain is that nothing is certain - Heraclitus.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2012, 07:12:45 pm »
I have that in there in case a user deleted the file. Could happen. I do have it default to C: then it looks for the file.

I had it only go to K as just a starting point. I know Windows 7 repair option uses drive X: and it has a windows folder as well.

But with the custom file this wouldn't be a problem any more. Could also have it to where if a user did delete the custom file and it didnt find it then they would need to use the live cd option then.

If you think it will be better I will leave it as a default C: and remove the first set of checks. :wink:

Or should I remove the default C: as well?

Shane
Shane

Offline Ztruker

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2012, 07:26:42 pm »
I would say remove the C: default as well. If the file isn't found abort the restore or as I suggested, prompt for the drive to restore to.

Just a suggestion. It's a good program that I think will be well received. I haven't tried it on XP yet but will do so soon.
Rich

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2012, 08:46:11 pm »
How does this look to you? I still need to test that I did the command code right

Code: [Select]
@echo on
echo This file is only meant to be ran from the Windows Recovery Console. Do not run from with in Windows or it will just fail.

set BackupLocation=%CD%

IF EXIST "Z:\Windows\tweaking.com-regbackup-SMC2-Microsoft-Windows-7-Ultimate-(64-bit).dat" set WindowsDrive=Z:
IF EXIST "Y:\Windows\tweaking.com-regbackup-SMC2-Microsoft-Windows-7-Ultimate-(64-bit).dat" set WindowsDrive=Y:
IF EXIST "X:\Windows\tweaking.com-regbackup-SMC2-Microsoft-Windows-7-Ultimate-(64-bit).dat" set WindowsDrive=X:
IF EXIST "W:\Windows\tweaking.com-regbackup-SMC2-Microsoft-Windows-7-Ultimate-(64-bit).dat" set WindowsDrive=W:
IF EXIST "V:\Windows\tweaking.com-regbackup-SMC2-Microsoft-Windows-7-Ultimate-(64-bit).dat" set WindowsDrive=V:
IF EXIST "U:\Windows\tweaking.com-regbackup-SMC2-Microsoft-Windows-7-Ultimate-(64-bit).dat" set WindowsDrive=U:
IF EXIST "T:\Windows\tweaking.com-regbackup-SMC2-Microsoft-Windows-7-Ultimate-(64-bit).dat" set WindowsDrive=T:
IF EXIST "S:\Windows\tweaking.com-regbackup-SMC2-Microsoft-Windows-7-Ultimate-(64-bit).dat" set WindowsDrive=S:
IF EXIST "R:\Windows\tweaking.com-regbackup-SMC2-Microsoft-Windows-7-Ultimate-(64-bit).dat" set WindowsDrive=R:
IF EXIST "Q:\Windows\tweaking.com-regbackup-SMC2-Microsoft-Windows-7-Ultimate-(64-bit).dat" set WindowsDrive=Q:
IF EXIST "P:\Windows\tweaking.com-regbackup-SMC2-Microsoft-Windows-7-Ultimate-(64-bit).dat" set WindowsDrive=P:
IF EXIST "O:\Windows\tweaking.com-regbackup-SMC2-Microsoft-Windows-7-Ultimate-(64-bit).dat" set WindowsDrive=O:
IF EXIST "N:\Windows\tweaking.com-regbackup-SMC2-Microsoft-Windows-7-Ultimate-(64-bit).dat" set WindowsDrive=N:
IF EXIST "M:\Windows\tweaking.com-regbackup-SMC2-Microsoft-Windows-7-Ultimate-(64-bit).dat" set WindowsDrive=M:
IF EXIST "L:\Windows\tweaking.com-regbackup-SMC2-Microsoft-Windows-7-Ultimate-(64-bit).dat" set WindowsDrive=L:
IF EXIST "K:\Windows\tweaking.com-regbackup-SMC2-Microsoft-Windows-7-Ultimate-(64-bit).dat" set WindowsDrive=K:
IF EXIST "J:\Windows\tweaking.com-regbackup-SMC2-Microsoft-Windows-7-Ultimate-(64-bit).dat" set WindowsDrive=J:
IF EXIST "I:\Windows\tweaking.com-regbackup-SMC2-Microsoft-Windows-7-Ultimate-(64-bit).dat" set WindowsDrive=I:
IF EXIST "H:\Windows\tweaking.com-regbackup-SMC2-Microsoft-Windows-7-Ultimate-(64-bit).dat" set WindowsDrive=H:
IF EXIST "G:\Windows\tweaking.com-regbackup-SMC2-Microsoft-Windows-7-Ultimate-(64-bit).dat" set WindowsDrive=G:
IF EXIST "F:\Windows\tweaking.com-regbackup-SMC2-Microsoft-Windows-7-Ultimate-(64-bit).dat" set WindowsDrive=F:
IF EXIST "E:\Windows\tweaking.com-regbackup-SMC2-Microsoft-Windows-7-Ultimate-(64-bit).dat" set WindowsDrive=E:
IF EXIST "D:\Windows\tweaking.com-regbackup-SMC2-Microsoft-Windows-7-Ultimate-(64-bit).dat" set WindowsDrive=D:
IF EXIST "C:\Windows\tweaking.com-regbackup-SMC2-Microsoft-Windows-7-Ultimate-(64-bit).dat" set WindowsDrive=C:

IF DEFINED WindowsDrive GOTO start_process
IF NOT DEFINED WindowsDrive GOTO error_out

:start_process

attrib -h -s "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\default"
attrib -h -s "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\default.old"
del "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\default.old"
copy "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\default" "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\default.old"
del "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\default"
copy "%BackupLocation%\C\Windows\System32\Config\default" "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\default"

attrib -h -s "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\sam"
attrib -h -s "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\sam.old"
del "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\sam.old"
copy "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\sam" "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\sam.old"
del "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\sam"
copy "%BackupLocation%\C\Windows\System32\Config\sam" "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\sam"

attrib -h -s "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\security"
attrib -h -s "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\security.old"
del "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\security.old"
copy "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\security" "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\security.old"
del "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\security"
copy "%BackupLocation%\C\Windows\System32\Config\security" "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\security"

attrib -h -s "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\software"
attrib -h -s "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\software.old"
del "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\software.old"
copy "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\software" "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\software.old"
del "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\software"
copy "%BackupLocation%\C\Windows\System32\Config\software" "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\software"

attrib -h -s "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\system"
attrib -h -s "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\system.old"
del "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\system.old"
copy "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\system" "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\system.old"
del "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\system"
copy "%BackupLocation%\C\Windows\System32\Config\system" "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\System32\Config\system"

attrib -h -s "%WindowsDrive%\Users\Default\ntuser.dat"
attrib -h -s "%WindowsDrive%\Users\Default\ntuser.dat.old"
del "%WindowsDrive%\Users\Default\ntuser.dat.old"
copy "%WindowsDrive%\Users\Default\ntuser.dat" "%WindowsDrive%\Users\Default\ntuser.dat.old"
del "%WindowsDrive%\Users\Default\ntuser.dat"
copy "%BackupLocation%\C\Users\Default\ntuser.dat" "%WindowsDrive%\Users\Default\ntuser.dat"

attrib -h -s "%WindowsDrive%\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat"
attrib -h -s "%WindowsDrive%\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.old"
del "%WindowsDrive%\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.old"
copy "%WindowsDrive%\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat" "%WindowsDrive%\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.old"
del "%WindowsDrive%\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat"
copy "%BackupLocation%\C\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat" "%WindowsDrive%\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat"

attrib -h -s "%WindowsDrive%\Users\User\ntuser.dat"
attrib -h -s "%WindowsDrive%\Users\User\ntuser.dat.old"
del "%WindowsDrive%\Users\User\ntuser.dat.old"
copy "%WindowsDrive%\Users\User\ntuser.dat" "%WindowsDrive%\Users\User\ntuser.dat.old"
del "%WindowsDrive%\Users\User\ntuser.dat"
copy "%BackupLocation%\C\Users\User\ntuser.dat" "%WindowsDrive%\Users\User\ntuser.dat"

attrib -h -s "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\ntuser.dat"
attrib -h -s "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\ntuser.dat.old"
del "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\ntuser.dat.old"
copy "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\ntuser.dat" "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\ntuser.dat.old"
del "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\ntuser.dat"
copy "%BackupLocation%\C\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\ntuser.dat" "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\ntuser.dat"

attrib -h -s "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\ntuser.dat"
attrib -h -s "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.old"
del "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.old"
copy "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\ntuser.dat" "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.old"
del "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\ntuser.dat"
copy "%BackupLocation%\C\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\ntuser.dat" "%WindowsDrive%\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\ntuser.dat"

goto:eof

:error_out

ECHO Couldn't Find Which Drive Is Windows. Restore Cancled. Refer to help on Tweaking.com on what to do next.

goto:eof

Shane

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2012, 08:52:02 pm »
Oh I am also adding the file size to the logs

[5/29/2012 - 8:50:42 PM] Backing Up File: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Config\software
[5/29/2012 - 8:50:42 PM] Result: Successful (23296 KB) - C:\RegBackup\NONE-816052AA76\5.29.2012_8.50.34-PM\C\WINDOWS\System32\Config\software

Shane

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2012, 09:03:14 pm »
OK tested it and worked in win 7 recovery console.

Both changes are done, new exe is uploaded. Same version. Just redownload.

Try it see if you like the changes :-)

Shane

Offline Tomas_Sweden

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2012, 11:45:13 pm »
Also I was updating my advanced system tweaker with a option to show how many items are in each treeview list. I did the same thing with the reg backup. See what you think and tell me yay or nay :-)

I really like that! But I would also like to see the total number of backuped files. Like I post in the pictures. 

It looks like the parentheses are slightly elevated, perhaps is the point?

The tab "Help & Support" looks great!  :smiley:

Tomas
Dell Laptop XPS L501X Intel i5-560M(2.66GHz), Win 7 Home Prem(SP1) 64 Bit, 4 GB RAM. Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256 GB.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 30, 2012, 09:42:51 am »
I really like that! But I would also like to see the total number of backuped files. Like I post in the pictures. 

OK I changed it to show the grand total at the top, in this case (10) like in the picture :-)

It looks like the parentheses are slightly elevated, perhaps is the point?

This wasnt on purpose. For some odd reason the text normally follows the rest of the treeview. But when I have the font size set to Verdana 7 point bold (Which is what the treeview is at) it puts the number in parentheses a little higher. (think it is a simple position bug)

So I was about to check the code of the treeview dll to fix it when I realized I like it this way LOL. Having it raised a little help shows that it isn't part of the computer name for example.

The tab "Help & Support" looks great!

I am glad everyone likes it. I want to put out then first release of it out of beta this Sunday if I can find the time.

I have to make the videos and help files before I put it out. I want the launch to have a good start and having all the info people will need is the way to win people over.

I have to go to customer of mine who is 4 hours away to repair a couple of servers this weekend. And have you ever tried to make videos with you talking when you have 4 kids? (ages 10, 7, 5 and 3) LOL means I will be staying up late to make them since I need them all asleep. :wink:

I will start writing the help files and such very very soon. As I do I will post the links here so I can get feedback on any changes to make to them.

The goal of the help and videos will be to both teach new users and give all the info my fellow techs need.

Shane

Offline peterr

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 30, 2012, 12:04:56 pm »

Shane
I wish I could help with the tech material but am one the normal users this is aimed at.
I, for one, would be very willing to wait a bit until you catch up. You know what they say about haste.
I have read all the threads and especially Ztruker's comliments and think you have quite the product you set out to do.
When it is ready, I look forward to studying the video/help so I can then properly install the program.
I seems as though users can configure it to backup at boot and restore either within the pogram or via removable media in case the progam is not accesible.
Great.
I'll check in after the weekend and look forward to my job as Johnny Applseed.
Peter

Offline Ztruker

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 30, 2012, 04:16:45 pm »
I haven't tried the latest yet but this code:

The IF NOT DEFINED is superfluous and could just be GOTO error_out since it did not trigger on the IF DEFINED test.

Edit: Just tried the latest 0.9.8 and it works flawlessly. Great job Shane. I think you have a great program that will be well received.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 04:24:25 pm by Ztruker »
Rich

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 30, 2012, 04:59:10 pm »

The IF NOT DEFINED is superfluous and could just be GOTO error_out since it did not trigger on the IF DEFINED test.

So just change the one line from
to
GOTO error_out
?

Edit: Just tried the latest 0.9.8 and it works flawlessly. Great job Shane. I think you have a great program that will be well received.

Glad you like it :-) Now the fun part of the help files. My mind is wired for math and science. Words get mixed around in my head lol

Which is why people are always finding spelling errors in my programs. Thank god for spell check :-)

Shane

Offline Ztruker

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 30, 2012, 05:23:59 pm »
Here is a way to possibly simplify the dos_restore.batch file"

@echo off
Rem Create the input command file for diskpart
echo list volume > tweak_diskpart_in.txt
echo exit >> tweak_diskpart_in.txt

Rem Run diskpart to get a list of volumes on this computer
diskpart < tweak_diskpart_in.txt | find "Partition" > tweak_diskpart_out.txt

Rem Process each line of output from diskpart. Extract the volume letter then
Rem pass that letter to CheckAndRun
for /F "eol=; tokens=2,3*" %%i in (tweak_diskpart_out.txt) do Call :CheckAndRun %%j
Goto Done

Rem See if the marker file is on the passed drive.
Rem Return to the calling for loop if not
Rem If yes then restore the registry to that drive.
:CheckAndRun
set WindowsDrive=
IF EXIST "%1:\Windows\tweaking.com-regbackup-DELL-P370-Microsoft-Windows-7-Professional-(64-bit).dat" set WindowsDrive=%1:

IF NOT DEFINED WindowsDrive goto :eof
echo Marker file found on %1

Rem
Rem Restore code goes here
Rem

set WindowsDrive=
IF EXIST tweak_diskpart_in.txt del tweak_diskpart_in.txt
IF EXIST tweak_diskpart_out.txt del tweak_diskpart_out.txt
exit /b

Rem Cleanup and end
:Done
IF EXIST tweak_diskpart_in.txt del tweak_diskpart_in.txt
IF EXIST tweak_diskpart_out.txt del tweak_diskpart_out.txt

tweak_diskpart_in.txt has the diskpart commands in it:

list volume
exit

tweak_diskpart_out.txt will look something like this:

Volume 1     D   D370_D       NTFS   Partition     78 GB  Healthy
  Volume 2     E   D370_E       NTFS   Partition    117 GB  Healthy
  Volume 3     F   D370_F       NTFS   Partition     84 GB  Healthy
  Volume 4         System Rese  NTFS   Partition    100 MB  Healthy    System
  Volume 5     C   D370_C       NTFS   Partition     74 GB  Healthy    Boot
  Volume 6     G   D370_G       NTFS   Partition    698 GB  Healthy
  Volume 7     H   D370_H       NTFS   Partition    542 GB  Healthy    Pagefile
  Volume 8     I   Win_8        NTFS   Partition     78 GB  Healthy

This is for when you're bored and looking for something to play with  :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 05:37:10 pm by Ztruker »
Rich

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 30, 2012, 05:51:07 pm »
Thats a cool idea.

Have you tested it in the recovery section of Vista or 7?

I know Xp recovery console commands where almost completely removed. Only very basic functions. But when I tested in Vista and 7 it looked like they had all the commands. But I haven't checked if everything will work.

I will look into this more down the road. I have to head out this Friday for a customer and 3 servers wont be back till Sat night.

So tonight I have 2 cigars ready  :cheesy: and I will be hammering out the help files and hopefully some videos. My goal being to have things ready for a Sunday Release.

Shane

Offline Ztruker

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 30, 2012, 06:12:04 pm »
No, I don't have a real XP system to play with. All I have is XP Pro running under Oracle Virtual Box. My computers are Win 7 (2) and Vista.

I know diskpart is a valid RC command in XP, Vista and Win 7 so it "should" work.
Rich

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 30, 2012, 06:14:36 pm »
In the recovery console in XP it wont. They have almost no commands in it. Thats why the restore.cmd file is just a straight C: copy command and nothing more.

Thankfully in vista and 7 they changed that.

I have VMware and have each flavor of Windows installed to help test my programs :-)

Shane

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 30, 2012, 06:19:49 pm »
These are the only commands support in the xp recovery console
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058

I also have the program apply a reg tweak for the recovery console to allow users to go to more than the Windows folder.

This will be explained in the help file.

I enable the set command in the reg
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/recovery_console_cmds.mspx?mfr=true

Then in the recovery console a user can do
set AllowAllPaths = true

This will then allow them to go to the reg backup folder.

Thankfully all of this has been changed in Vista and 7 :cheesy:

Shane

Offline Ztruker

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 30, 2012, 06:34:14 pm »
According to Microsoft, diskpart should work in the XP Recovery Console:

Use the help command to list all the following supported commands:

attrib    del        fixboot   more     set
   batch     delete     fixmbr    mkdir    systemroot
   bootcfg   dir        format    more     type
   cd        disable    help      net           
   chdir     diskpart   listsvc   rd           
   chkdsk    enable     logon     ren           
   cls       exit       map       rename 
   copy      expand     md        rmdir

Rich

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 30, 2012, 06:36:20 pm »
Yes but the if and for statements dont :wink:

Found that out when I went to go test the restore on xp in the recovery console.

Then I checked how erunt does its cmd file and it is just a simple copy command.

Shane

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 30, 2012, 07:02:49 pm »
I dont have a copy of Windows 8 yet. By any chance did you confirm it works on your Windows 8?

I am downloading Windows 8 preview now to test and confirm that it works on 8.

Edit: I just updated the product page (New screen shots will be uploaded when released) How does it look to you guys? Anything else I should add to help new users?
http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/registry_backup.html

Of course the help file will have more detailed info.

Shane
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 08:14:06 pm by Shane »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 30, 2012, 09:33:30 pm »
Program works great in Windows 8  :artist:

Shane

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 30, 2012, 09:55:27 pm »
OK first draft of the help page is done
http://www.tweaking.com/articles/pages/tweaking_com_registry_backup_online_help.html

I am horrible at help pages, so any and all feedback is welcome.

Can you make it better? Then please let me know!

So thoughts and feedback.

Working on trouble shooting page now and will post when done. Once that is done I will start the videos. If all goes well they will be done tonight and ready for your feedback. :wink:

Shane