Author Topic: pre scan repairs came with reparse errors. but unable to fix what must i do now?  (Read 23263 times)

Offline PeterH

• View Profile
Hi everybody, i'm new here.
because i ran windows repair all in one v 3.0.0, it came with reparse errors that it could not fix.
under i list the log of the pre-scan.
can anyone tell me what to do?

PeterH

LOG
Tweaking.com - Windows Repair - Pre Repairs Scan
Computer: KANTOOR-PC (Windows 8 Pro 6.2.9200 ) (64-bit)
Started at (23-3-2015 05:02:44)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scanning Windows Packages Files.
Started at (23-3-2015 05:02:44)

No problems were found with the Packages Files.

Files Checked & Verified: 4.966

Done (23-3-2015 05:03:00)

Scanning Reparse Points.
Started at (23-3-2015 05:03:00)

Reparse Point: (Type: JUNCTION) (Name: Cookies) (Original Path: C:\Users\Default\Cookies) (Target Path: C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies) (Creation Time: 26-7-2012 08:22:08)
Wrong Target Path! This Reparse Point isn't pointing to the correct default location. Default Location: c:\users\default\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\inetcookies

Reparse Point: (Type: JUNCTION) (Name: Temporary Internet Files) (Original Path: C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Temporary Internet Files) (Target Path: C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files) (Creation Time: 26-7-2012 08:22:08)
Wrong Target Path! This Reparse Point isn't pointing to the correct default location. Default Location: c:\users\default\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\inetcache

Reparse Point: (Type: JUNCTION) (Name: Cookies) (Original Path: C:\Users\Peter Heijnen\Cookies) (Target Path: C:\Users\Peter Heijnen\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies) (Creation Time: 3-12-2013 22:22:58)
Wrong Target Path! This Reparse Point isn't pointing to the correct default location. Default Location: c:\users\peter heijnen\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\inetcookies

Reparse Point: (Type: JUNCTION) (Name: Temporary Internet Files) (Original Path: C:\Users\Peter Heijnen\AppData\Local\Temporary Internet Files) (Target Path: C:\Users\Peter Heijnen\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files) (Creation Time: 3-12-2013 22:22:58)
Wrong Target Path! This Reparse Point isn't pointing to the correct default location. Default Location: c:\users\peter heijnen\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\inetcache

Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files) (Target Path: C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache)
A Default Reparse Point is missing and this can cause programs on the system.

Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Content.IE5) (Target Path: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE)

Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Peter Heijnen\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files) (Target Path: C:\Users\Peter Heijnen\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache)

Files & Folders Searched: 244.143
Reparse Points Found: 63

Done (23-3-2015 05:03:09)

Checking Environment Variables.
Started at (23-3-2015 05:03:09)

No problems were found with the Environment Variables.

Scan Complete - Problems Found!

While problems have been found, you can still run the repairs in the program.
But for the best results it is recommended to fix the problems reported in this scan if possible.
If you need help fixing any of the items in the log, just post in the forums at Tweaking.com for help.

Offline elw

• View Profile
This is copied from Shane's response to a similar request for help on a different thread.

"On the reparse points, I made Windows Repair v3.1.0 last night and it is in testing till monday, so it is a beta right now. But I built a new repair tool to fix the reparse points.

So if you want grab the beta here (Or just wait till I release it on monday)
http://tweaking.com/files/setups/tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio_setup_beta.exe

Then when you run it you will see a new button with the pre repairs scan, and it is the Repair Reparse Points tool, it should fixes those for you. If you use it let me know the results"

I had the same issue and then downloaded the 3.1.0 beta yesterday and it worked to repair the reparse points.  Or you can wait for the official update which is scheduled for Monday

Hope this helps.

Offline PeterH

• View Profile
hi elw,

thx for q responding.
what you mean is that its repairable by tweaking.com all in one repair, bur version 3.0.0 doesn't do this ?
where do i find the beta thing?

PeterH

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
v3.1.0 is out and has the repair tool for it in it.

You only ran a scan, not a fix or repair. At the bottom of the pre scan window you will see some buttons, there is where you will find the repair repharse points and the repair environment variables.

The Pre scan never said anything about fixing them, it was letting you know there was problems. What about it made you think it was fixing them? Because maybe I should reword it :-)

This is also why I renamed it from "Pre Repairs Scan" to "Pre-Scan" because for some reason some users where thinking it was the repairs, maybe because the word repairs was in it, I am not sure lol

Shane

Offline PeterH

• View Profile
Hi Shane,
thx for getting back to me about my problem.
I have updated the program to 3.1.1.
after this i did again a scan.
again i've got the same issues as in the log.
so now i have reapaired the reparse points. (button in your program)
after this all the reparse point except one are gone.
when i rescan, everytime the same reparse point comes up and wont be fixed.

Missing Default Reparse Point: (Original Path: C:\Users\Peter Heijnen\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files) (Target Path: C:\Users\Peter Heijnen\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache)

so what should i do now?
when i use my PC and should than again scan with tweaking.com all in one again a lot of reparse points are found and fixable except the one above.

hop its clear for you and wait for your respond.

grz
Peter

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
When the repair finds a point that is missing it will create the folder in the Original Path and then set the junction to it with the target path.

It did this fine with the others but for some reason it wasnt able to create the folder perhaps, you could try the repair again to see if it does it, if not then I need to find out why it couldnt create it, and I can put in a fix for it :-)

Can you check and see if this folder exists?
C:\Users\Peter Heijnen\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files

Shane

Offline PeterH

• View Profile
Hello Shane,

looked for the temporary internet files folder.
it isn't there!

did try again to repeir the reparse point. same result came back.

Peter

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Very odd my program didnt make the folder for some reason. Go ahead and try to make the folder your self.

Go to
C:\Users\Peter Heijnen\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\

And then right click in there and go to New and then New Folder and name the folder Temporary Internet Files

Shane

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
- Somehow Windows Repair seems to think that the "Default Target" should be e.g. "inetcookies" instead of simply "Cookies".

In the first post a number of "inet........ " show up whereas when using WR v3.11 only one "inet........" shows up. Coding problem ? Typo ?

Is this "inet........" thing a Win 8 issue only ? I don't have any "inet......... " on my Win 7 system showing up.

- @PeterH: download & install Donald Lessau's XYplorer. The program shows which reparse points are available/present in the "C:\Users\........ " (sub-)folders. And at what folders they're pointing.

- I think the scanresults should include the WR version as well. Saves A LOT OF time.

Offline parkd1

• View Profile
Ok new version out. 3.1.2. Get that and try it then report back if it was fixed or not.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
- Somehow Windows Repair seems to think that the "Default Target" should be e.g. "inetcookies" instead of simply "Cookies".

In the first post a number of "inet........ " show up whereas when using WR v3.11 only one "inet........" shows up. Coding problem ? Typo ?

Is this "inet........" thing a Win 8 issue only ? I don't have any "inet......... " on my Win 7 system showing up.

- @PeterH: download & install Donald Lessau's XYplorer. The program shows which reparse points are available/present in the "C:\Users\........ " (sub-)folders. And at what folders they're pointing.

- I think the scanresults should include the WR version as well. Saves A LOT OF time.

No, just in Windows 8 and 10 MS changed the paths again.

If 8, 8.1 or 10 Then
        "\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files" Points To "\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache"
        "\AppData\Local\Temporary Internet Files" Points To "\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache"
        "\Cookies" Points To "\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies"
    Else
        "\AppData\Local\Temporary Internet Files" Points To "\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files"
        "\Cookies" Points To "\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies"
    End If

Shane

Offline PeterH

• View Profile
Hi Guys,

what should i do now?
i'm going to try to make a new temp internet directory as shane suggested and than run the program again.

Peter

Offline PeterH

• View Profile
shane,

tried to make the Temporary Internet Files folder. than it says if i would merge it with the Temporary Internet Files folder present?
No folder to see. in map options the hiddenfiles options is set to be seen. so?????????
i have a srceenshot included.

Peter

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Do you have it set to show hidden system files as well?

I also wonder if the problem might be my program doesnt think it is there because it is looking for the english version of the folder, and when it goes to create it Windows is saying it is already there.

If that is the case then you can ignore the error reported in the pre scan :-)

Shane

Offline PeterH

• View Profile
Shane,

doesn't see the possibility to show hidden system files. lookes in mapoptions in configuration screen.

to see if there is a that folder i should be able to see it.
its not in the windows dir visable but when i made it it says it is with the question to merge?

Peter

Offline PeterH

• View Profile
btw the 3.1.2. version did not do the trick for me also

peter

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
- FWIW:  On my (dutch !!!) Win 7 system that folder/Junction Link) (Temporary Internet Files) has the attributes Hidden & System. Does these attributes need to changed ?
- Permission problem (caused by another program) ?

(When on a non english system there're other problems that show up but I am surprised to see none of those problems in the info PeterH provided. But I don't want to hijack this thread).

Offline PeterH

• View Profile
willy2,

if your dutch speaking, please do so because i am dutch.
i have a win 8.0 pro OS.
how do i get to see the hidden system files?

Peter

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
I've send you a PM using the messaging service of this forum.

Offline PeterH

• View Profile
ok Willy,

thx. nice program.

But its so complicated that i don't know how to use it!

i see at "Temporarly Internet Files" as atriib  HSD ?

says nothing to me.

i write in english or can we go further in dutch?

Peter

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
"HSD" is short for Hidden, System, Directory. So that folder is a Hidden & a System file and a Directory/Folder.

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
- Download the program "NTFSLinksView"
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/ntfs_links_view.html

run it and let the program generate a *.html file. compress the file (with e.g. WinRar or 7zip) and add it to your next reply. That also gives a clue what junction links you have on your win 8 system. Then Shane is able to see what links you have on your dutch system. Wait for his reply.

Offline PeterH

• View Profile
i ran the program NTFSLinksView.
wat ik precies moet generen is me niet duidelijk.
heb dus de infinity optie gebruikt.
Hopefully is it something that helps.

peter

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
- Select "infinity" to let the program find all symbolic links on your system and post the results. It will help Shane to see all symbolic links on a dutch Win 8 system.
- I know the "Repair Reparse Points" is a brand new tool and needs your (dutch) input as well. Your input is very helpful to get rid of the bugs in the current version.
- I know there were language related problems with Windows Repair in the past. Some repairs didn't run/work (past tense) on a non english Windows OS.

Offline PeterH

• View Profile
OK Willy2,

hereby the infinity and symbolic links from my system.
Hope that is ok this way.

peterH