Author Topic: NEED HELP wINDOWS 7  (Read 110379 times)

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NEED HELP wINDOWS 7
« Reply #200 on: April 12, 2016, 07:44:41 am »
No, they are two separate install disks - just sent you an extra one as a spare.

Have you got the machine back from your tech friend yet ?

Offline munchie2222

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 12, 2016, 08:04:58 am »
No I haven't had time to take it in, soon, I will let you know!

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 12, 2016, 08:07:03 am »
Okay - just leave your thread open until it is job done.

Offline munchie2222

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 12, 2016, 09:22:28 am »
Ok, talk at you later.

Offline munchie2222

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 27, 2016, 08:34:18 am »
Okay - just leave your thread open until it is job done.
Hi Tom
Been a long time as I was hospitalized for a short spell but my computer is finally fixed.
Took it in last week and got it back last Friday, tried to load printer on using the network and a message said that the driver failed to load. Next I tried again using the DVD that came with the printer and that seemed to work until I tried to open Windows Explorer and everything froze up. Took it back store they called me a couple of hours later and said it was fixed, brought it home and same thing.
Took it back yesterday and the Owner Scott Lemay who is a good friend was blown away when he heard it was my third trip. He asked the technician if he had checked the hard drive the first time I brought it in and of course he hadn’t. He turned the computer on and played with it a bit and then told me to show him what makes it frees up and that was no problem at all.
Scott apologised to me over and over and I left the computer again. I picked it up this morning and he put a nearly new 600 gig hard drive in place of my 400 gig, got all the info etc. off the old H.D., loaded Windows 7 and all programs including all files e-mail contacts, printer, I must admit that there is nothing missing and you would never know it was ever fixed except it runs much faster.
Because of all the errors and Scott was in disbelief that 2 of his technicians gave me back the computer not fixed, failed to find the problem my total cost was 130.00 all inclusive.
I am once again heading for scans, the story of my life but wanted to let you know the outcome and to thank you so much for the time and pure effort you so graciously showed me. I will be back around 8:00 am and if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me anytime.
Very Sincerely
Pete

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 27, 2016, 08:38:13 am »
So had they put in a bad HDD first time around - but it's good to see your friend came good for you.

Offline munchie2222

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 28, 2016, 02:42:55 am »
No they never even looked at The HD first or second time, one of them was fired, I don't like to hear that as jobs are scarce around here but apparently this wasn't his first or second time.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 28, 2016, 02:51:27 am »
Well, that could have given his business a bad rep if his employees aren't doing the job properly first time around, but wasn't part of the repair to renew the HDD and was that what they failed to do ?

BTW - Hope you are feeling better after your hospital stay.

Offline munchie2222

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 28, 2016, 03:43:15 am »
Originally the first thing they were to do is check the hard drive for bad sectors and that never happened. It wans to be 130.00 and if I needed a new HD Scott said he would do it for 30.00 extra. Because of all the problems there was no charge for the HD and everything was loaded back on I mean everything and it is so much faster. :smiley:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 28, 2016, 04:01:13 am »
It looks like their shoddiness has save you a few bucks then :) - but I would think that Scott has built up a lot of good will and should you come across anyone else that has computer problems, you could recommend him for the repairs.

Offline munchie2222

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: April 28, 2016, 05:06:05 am »
I helped Scott get in to the business and have and will continue to send all the business I can same a I will and have been recommending your site.