Author Topic: NEED HELP wINDOWS 7  (Read 60167 times)

Offline munchie2222

• View Profile
NEED HELP wINDOWS 7
« on: March 20, 2016, 06:20:23 AM »
Hi my name is Pete Bauer and Iím new here, not a computer wizard by a long shot and this is the problem with my computer.
I have an HP G-60 Lap top running Windows 7 home premium and I can run it in Safe Mode Only. It will load in regular mode but as soon as I click the mouse it locks up or freezes up. An error message popped up one time that read (The instruction at 0x0000000074E7DBD8 referenced memory at 0x0000000002690028 the required data) and thatís all I got before it shut down.
I am going to purchase Tweak.com Pro and was wondering first: if I can run Tweak in safe mode, Secondly: if anyone thinks it might fix my problem, Thirdly: has any member experienced this problem and would be able to assist me? I would be forever grateful. Thank you in advance and have a great day!
Pete Bauer

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
Re: NEED HELP wINDOWS 7
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 07:52:50 AM »
- Alas, there's no guarantee that Windows Repair (WR) will fix your problems. Windows is such a complicated program. Try the free version first.
- Yes, WR detects whether or not your system is in Safe Mode and will adjust to that automatically.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 10:13:16 AM »
Does the same problem occur if you just use the left button on the touchpad with the mouse disconnected ?

Offline munchie2222

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 12:44:24 PM »
Thank you so much for the replies and I will try the free version but I am still going to buy the pro just two keep my wife's and my computers tuned up. I never expected that there was guarantee the programme would fix my problem, I should have frased my question differently.

I never tried disconnecting the mouse but will most certainly do so, again thank you for your assistance, it is very much appreciated.
Pete Bauer

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 01:55:34 PM »
Hi Pete,

If the touchpad left button doesn't bring up the error, then shutdown, remove the AC and battery then hold the power button in for approx. 30 seconds.

Connect back up and restart - when the computer has booted up, reconnect the mouse to see if you still get the same error.

If you don't, this may have just been a glitch which the cold boot would have cleared.

Tom.

Offline munchie2222

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 02:21:04 PM »
High Tom: forgive for my ignorance do you mean the AC adapter: and where would I find the battery, do you mean the battery in the mouse, please have patience with me as I have some health issues.
Thank you so much for the advice.
Pete Bauer

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 02:38:00 PM »
Yes, I meant the AC adapter and the underside of the laptop there should be a battery you can remove.

Slide the release catch then pivot the battery upward and remove it from the computer.

To install the battery, insert the rear edge of the battery into the battery bay and pivot the battery
downward until it is seated. The battery release latch automatically locks the battery into place.

Offline munchie2222

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2016, 03:04:39 AM »
Thanks Tom, I haven't been able to try anyone's suggestions yet, not because I don't feel like it, but I had a small stroke yesterday PM and went deaf in my left ear. Going back to the Heart Institute today to see what can be done for my hearing and if the stroke caused it and then to the C.C. Clinique to find out if hormone therapy is necessary yet as my PSA is off the roof. The guy who thought up the phrase "THE GOLDEN YEARS" had to be very rich and never sick a day in his life. I will try everything later today or tomorrow for sure, I can't wait and thanks again to everyone for offering me your help, truly appreciated.
Regards and have a great day!
Pete Bauer :smiley:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2016, 03:17:51 AM »
I'm very sorry to hear about that, Peter and hope your treatment goes well.

I have something called Atrial Fibrillation which is when the heart doesn't pump out all of the blood in one go, so have to take controlled meds to delay the coagulation to ensure that the next time it pumps, it doesn't pump out clots which would cause me a stroke.

I've often wondered why when we get old that we have to suffer ill health with it, but I suppose with all things, they degrade with age - so they become the rusty years :D

Offline munchie2222

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2016, 04:04:57 AM »
It get's scary when your gas lines don't function properly. I was diagnosed with PAD Peripheral Arterial Disease 10 years go along with stage 3 cancer and thanks to my oncologist who demanded that my family doctor have my heart checked for blockages I would be dead. Unfortunately it was a little to late as I had already had a silent heart attach that left my heart so weak they couldn't open the blocked arteries because my heart couldn't handle the pressure so now I have CAD.  The truth is that the more med's you take, in most cases, eventually your entire body suffers but it gives you more time and for that I am thankful.
When I was taking Radiation treatment it made me realise that I am a very lucky person as I am 71, have a great family, owned new houses, cars, boats, just had a pretty good life till age of 60.

There kids out there that have been dealt a maiming disease early and will likely never have the life I had and they are the ones who have the right to complain.
Sorry to roll on and again thanks for you help.
Pete

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2016, 06:03:56 AM »
I had my first heart attack when I was 41 and another 3yrs later and I'm now 68.

I agree, without today's meds we'd probably both be dead.

Offline munchie2222

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2016, 05:35:12 AM »
 :smiley:Hi Bogin, sorry you had heart problems so young, not much fun for sure, thatís why I consider myself lucky to go to 60. I did have a stroke and my tumors are slightly larger but I should be good for another year, canít ask for better than that!
My son was here yesterday and did the following:
Battery and mouse removal, booted up and it the icons wouldnít load and mouse didnít work.
Downloaded the free version of Tweeking.com and did everything but the restore point and started the reboot the screen read: REPAIR REOMENNDED, clicked on repair and then rebooted in normal not in safe mode and left clicked on start button, menu appeared: IF THE OPERATING SYSTEM DOES NOT RESPOND PRESS ESC OR RESTART THE COMPUTER USING THE POWER SWITCH/BUTTON and nothing happened so  he hit CTRL+ALT+DELETE and window popped up and read: THE LOGIN PROCESS WAS UNABLE TO DISPLAY SECURITY AND LOG ON OPTIONS WHEN CTRL+ALT +DELETE IS PRESSED.
When I got home I rebooted and a window popped up:Ē SECURITY ESSENTIALSĒ THIS APP IS NOT MONITORING YOUR PC THE SERVICE HAS STOPPED ,YOU SHOULD RESTART IT NOW and when I clicked on restart nothing happened.
I went to bed it was a long day and this morning I rebooted normal mode and the only change is when you put the curser over the start button the menu pops up but one left click it freezes. Now when I start up in safe mode it tales close to 4 min. versus 1min. before the scan. I donít know if he did something wrong when he scanned or what.
Any help would be appreciated, maybe I should run the PRO version I will purchase it today because you have been so helpful. Sorry to be such a pain.
Looking forward to your reply and have an amazing day!
Pete

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2016, 09:47:12 AM »
While Shane will appreciate you purchasing the Pro version, it will not enhance the repairs.

You could open the program again in Safe Mode and use the registry back up option which will take you back to before the repairs, but I find the message about the repairs being recommended puzzling.

Does the laptop freeze with the mouse disconnected and just using the touchpad buttons and does the laptop still freeze with the mouse connected in Safe Mode with Networking ?

To get rid of the Ctrl+Alt+Delete logon - go Start - type netplwiz and press enter.

Under the Advanced tab and Secure logon, is the box checked for Require user to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete ?

If it is, uncheck it - Apply - OK and reboot.

When security programs fail to start, it can be a sign of infection, but did you get that error message before you ran Windows Repair ?

Can you go Start - type services.msc - press enter and check that the status of your services are as in this list - but don't download anything from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/236709-services-restore-default-services-windows-7-a.html

Can you also go Start - type devmgmt.msc and press enter then click on View/Show hidden devices and expand Non-Plug and Play Drivers and check for any yellow alerts there or anywhere else.

Offline munchie2222

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2016, 10:09:01 AM »
Hi Boggin, I will do everything later today or early tomorrow as I just got called back to the heart Institute for more tests and it is 100k one way.  I will do it myself and write everything down as it happens. Thanks again for your quick response. I will purchase the Pro because of the value I have already received, its the least I can do and nothing of value should be free.
Cheers
Pete

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2016, 10:10:41 AM »
Just take your time Pete.