Author Topic: NEED HELP wINDOWS 7  (Read 110386 times)

Offline munchie2222

• View Profile
NEED HELP wINDOWS 7
« on: March 20, 2016, 06:20:23 am »
Hi my name is Pete Bauer and I’m new here, not a computer wizard by a long shot and this is the problem with my computer.
I have an HP G-60 Lap top running Windows 7 home premium and I can run it in Safe Mode Only. It will load in regular mode but as soon as I click the mouse it locks up or freezes up. An error message popped up one time that read (The instruction at 0x0000000074E7DBD8 referenced memory at 0x0000000002690028 the required data) and that’s all I got before it shut down.
I am going to purchase Tweak.com Pro and was wondering first: if I can run Tweak in safe mode, Secondly: if anyone thinks it might fix my problem, Thirdly: has any member experienced this problem and would be able to assist me? I would be forever grateful. Thank you in advance and have a great day!
Pete Bauer

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
Re: NEED HELP wINDOWS 7
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 07:52:50 am »
- Alas, there's no guarantee that Windows Repair (WR) will fix your problems. Windows is such a complicated program. Try the free version first.
- Yes, WR detects whether or not your system is in Safe Mode and will adjust to that automatically.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 10:13:16 am »
Does the same problem occur if you just use the left button on the touchpad with the mouse disconnected ?

Offline munchie2222

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 12:44:24 pm »
Thank you so much for the replies and I will try the free version but I am still going to buy the pro just two keep my wife's and my computers tuned up. I never expected that there was guarantee the programme would fix my problem, I should have frased my question differently.

I never tried disconnecting the mouse but will most certainly do so, again thank you for your assistance, it is very much appreciated.
Pete Bauer

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 01:55:34 pm »
Hi Pete,

If the touchpad left button doesn't bring up the error, then shutdown, remove the AC and battery then hold the power button in for approx. 30 seconds.

Connect back up and restart - when the computer has booted up, reconnect the mouse to see if you still get the same error.

If you don't, this may have just been a glitch which the cold boot would have cleared.

Tom.

Offline munchie2222

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 02:21:04 pm »
High Tom: forgive for my ignorance do you mean the AC adapter: and where would I find the battery, do you mean the battery in the mouse, please have patience with me as I have some health issues.
Thank you so much for the advice.
Pete Bauer

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 02:38:00 pm »
Yes, I meant the AC adapter and the underside of the laptop there should be a battery you can remove.

Slide the release catch then pivot the battery upward and remove it from the computer.

To install the battery, insert the rear edge of the battery into the battery bay and pivot the battery
downward until it is seated. The battery release latch automatically locks the battery into place.

Offline munchie2222

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2016, 03:04:39 am »
Thanks Tom, I haven't been able to try anyone's suggestions yet, not because I don't feel like it, but I had a small stroke yesterday PM and went deaf in my left ear. Going back to the Heart Institute today to see what can be done for my hearing and if the stroke caused it and then to the C.C. Clinique to find out if hormone therapy is necessary yet as my PSA is off the roof. The guy who thought up the phrase "THE GOLDEN YEARS" had to be very rich and never sick a day in his life. I will try everything later today or tomorrow for sure, I can't wait and thanks again to everyone for offering me your help, truly appreciated.
Regards and have a great day!
Pete Bauer :smiley:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2016, 03:17:51 am »
I'm very sorry to hear about that, Peter and hope your treatment goes well.

I have something called Atrial Fibrillation which is when the heart doesn't pump out all of the blood in one go, so have to take controlled meds to delay the coagulation to ensure that the next time it pumps, it doesn't pump out clots which would cause me a stroke.

I've often wondered why when we get old that we have to suffer ill health with it, but I suppose with all things, they degrade with age - so they become the rusty years :D

Offline munchie2222

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2016, 04:04:57 am »
It get's scary when your gas lines don't function properly. I was diagnosed with PAD Peripheral Arterial Disease 10 years go along with stage 3 cancer and thanks to my oncologist who demanded that my family doctor have my heart checked for blockages I would be dead. Unfortunately it was a little to late as I had already had a silent heart attach that left my heart so weak they couldn't open the blocked arteries because my heart couldn't handle the pressure so now I have CAD.  The truth is that the more med's you take, in most cases, eventually your entire body suffers but it gives you more time and for that I am thankful.
When I was taking Radiation treatment it made me realise that I am a very lucky person as I am 71, have a great family, owned new houses, cars, boats, just had a pretty good life till age of 60.

There kids out there that have been dealt a maiming disease early and will likely never have the life I had and they are the ones who have the right to complain.
Sorry to roll on and again thanks for you help.
Pete

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2016, 06:03:56 am »
I had my first heart attack when I was 41 and another 3yrs later and I'm now 68.

I agree, without today's meds we'd probably both be dead.

Offline munchie2222

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2016, 05:35:12 am »
 :smiley:Hi Bogin, sorry you had heart problems so young, not much fun for sure, that’s why I consider myself lucky to go to 60. I did have a stroke and my tumors are slightly larger but I should be good for another year, can’t ask for better than that!
My son was here yesterday and did the following:
Battery and mouse removal, booted up and it the icons wouldn’t load and mouse didn’t work.
Downloaded the free version of Tweeking.com and did everything but the restore point and started the reboot the screen read: REPAIR REOMENNDED, clicked on repair and then rebooted in normal not in safe mode and left clicked on start button, menu appeared: IF THE OPERATING SYSTEM DOES NOT RESPOND PRESS ESC OR RESTART THE COMPUTER USING THE POWER SWITCH/BUTTON and nothing happened so  he hit CTRL+ALT+DELETE and window popped up and read: THE LOGIN PROCESS WAS UNABLE TO DISPLAY SECURITY AND LOG ON OPTIONS WHEN CTRL+ALT +DELETE IS PRESSED.
When I got home I rebooted and a window popped up:” SECURITY ESSENTIALS” THIS APP IS NOT MONITORING YOUR PC THE SERVICE HAS STOPPED ,YOU SHOULD RESTART IT NOW and when I clicked on restart nothing happened.
I went to bed it was a long day and this morning I rebooted normal mode and the only change is when you put the curser over the start button the menu pops up but one left click it freezes. Now when I start up in safe mode it tales close to 4 min. versus 1min. before the scan. I don’t know if he did something wrong when he scanned or what.
Any help would be appreciated, maybe I should run the PRO version I will purchase it today because you have been so helpful. Sorry to be such a pain.
Looking forward to your reply and have an amazing day!
Pete

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2016, 09:47:12 am »
While Shane will appreciate you purchasing the Pro version, it will not enhance the repairs.

You could open the program again in Safe Mode and use the registry back up option which will take you back to before the repairs, but I find the message about the repairs being recommended puzzling.

Does the laptop freeze with the mouse disconnected and just using the touchpad buttons and does the laptop still freeze with the mouse connected in Safe Mode with Networking ?

To get rid of the Ctrl+Alt+Delete logon - go Start - type netplwiz and press enter.

Under the Advanced tab and Secure logon, is the box checked for Require user to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete ?

If it is, uncheck it - Apply - OK and reboot.

When security programs fail to start, it can be a sign of infection, but did you get that error message before you ran Windows Repair ?

Can you go Start - type services.msc - press enter and check that the status of your services are as in this list - but don't download anything from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/236709-services-restore-default-services-windows-7-a.html

Can you also go Start - type devmgmt.msc and press enter then click on View/Show hidden devices and expand Non-Plug and Play Drivers and check for any yellow alerts there or anywhere else.

Offline munchie2222

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2016, 10:09:01 am »
Hi Boggin, I will do everything later today or early tomorrow as I just got called back to the heart Institute for more tests and it is 100k one way.  I will do it myself and write everything down as it happens. Thanks again for your quick response. I will purchase the Pro because of the value I have already received, its the least I can do and nothing of value should be free.
Cheers
Pete

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2016, 10:10:41 am »
Just take your time Pete.

Offline munchie2222

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2016, 07:28:42 pm »
Thanks Boggin, been a long day believe me and I will get at it tomorrow, thanks again for everything.
Pete

Offline munchie2222

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2016, 04:49:30 am »
Hi boggin I am using my tablet that I'm not used to so this is just a test thanks a lot Pete

Offline munchie2222

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2016, 09:48:13 am »
Here I am again and I spent all morning trying to get answers for you so I attached 2 word document for you, one tells you the services I have and don't have on the computer based on your request and the other answers your questions and will give you an exact detail as to how the computer reacted today. Good new it works without the mouse in normal mode and it didn't before I used your programme. Sorry for all the work I am putting you through but I really appreciate everything. I will do whatever you need me to do, I wish I had a programme that would allow you to connect to my computer and see it for yourself.
Cheers Pete the Pain!

Offline munchie2222

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2016, 11:03:10 am »
test only

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2016, 11:44:21 am »
I'll get back to you on those docs Pete, but in the meantime can you run a command prompt as an admin by going Start - type cmd then right click on cmd and select Run as administrator - accept the UAC and enter sfc /scannow and if that reports it is unable to repair some files - run SFCFix.exe which will produce a more concise report which you can copy & paste.

https://www.sysnative.com/niemiro/apps/SFCFix.exe

Offline munchie2222

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2016, 12:28:07 pm »
Hi Boggin No hurry I am grateful for the help and they just called me back to the Cancer Clinique for more tests, I feel like a pin cushion. Will try to do that tonight and the computer is working with the mouse, not great but works.
Have a great day
Pete

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2016, 03:01:31 pm »
If the sfc /scannow doesn't help, see if these cmds can do anything for your slow boot ups.

Boot up as to select Safe Mode but select Repair your Computer instead.

Use the dropdown to change/confirm the keyboard/language etc. then navigate to the Recovery Environment (RE) and select Command Prompt then enter bootrec /fixmbr

That should return as successful.

Enter exit to close the cmd window then select Shutdown and then see if the boot up is any quicker.

If there's no or just a slight improvement the redo the steps to boot to the RE and enter bootrec /fixboot and see how it boots up then.

This is what those cmds do - https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/927392

Offline munchie2222

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2016, 06:29:24 am »
Hi again it's guess who the pain; So sorry for all the communication it's a lot of trouble for you and if you get fed up I will understand.
Attached is a word doc to bring you up to date on what I did this morning, hope it helps a bit.
Thanks again.
Pete

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2016, 07:30:08 am »
It's good that sfc /scannow reported it repaired the files so there will be no need to run SFCFix.exe.

Unfortunately it hasn't fixed the problem.

Sorry for the confusion but there's no "instead" after Repair your Computer, but it's troubling that you don't have that option as it's an integral part of repairs in Win 7.

When it went missing from one of my Toshiba Win 7 laptops I phoned the extended warranty people for advice and they advised to factory reset it.

You may want to get your son to do this for you which could very well sort out all of your problems, but first you would need to create a System Repair disk to boot up with to access the Recovery Environment to select the HDD Recovery option.

While as far as I know, the Repair your Computer option is in the advanced boot options for Win 7, different makes may have a different key to tap.

You could see what tapping F11 as you switch on gets you, but don't proceed if it takes you straight to a reset, although you usually get a chance to cancel and you would need to back up all of your personal stuff first as that and all 3rd party programs you have installed since will be lost.

You need to reinstall all 3rd party programs after the reset.

To create a System Repair disk go Start - Control Panel - System and Security/Back up your computer and in the upper left pane you should have the option to Create a system repair disc.

Stick a disk in the drive then click on Create a system repair disc then click on Create disc and let it do its thing.

Click on OK when the disk drive stops then open the drawer.

You will need to make a note of those bootrec commands then shutdown, tap F12 as you switch on then select the disk drive (ODD) for it to boot from first, close the drawer and press enter.

Press any key to boot from CD/DVD when prompted - you have about 10 secs to do this and you may be presented with an inverse window with Windows Setup (EMS Enabled) highlighted - just press enter.

When the files have loaded, change/confirm the keyboard input - Next - wait for it to locate your OS to repair - Next and that should see you in the Recovery Environment to select Command Prompt - you may also see the option of HDD Recovery.

Enter the bootrec /fixmbr cmd then exit to close the cmd window - open the disk drawer then click on Restart to see how it starts up then.

You can reboot it a couple of times but if it's still slow then redo the procedure to navigate to the Recovery Environment by booting up with the disk and enter bootrec /fixboot and then see how it boots up.

I'm going to have to shoot off now as I have to get ready to go for a blood test - but will be back later.

Offline munchie2222

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2016, 08:36:34 am »
Good luck with the tests, I have to go back today, tomorrow, Tuesday and Thursday next week for a series of scans, they think I have throat and maybe lung cancer and I think their nuts.

I followed a link you were kind enough to provide me with: How to run the Bootrec.exe tool
To run the Bootrec.exe tool, first start the Windows RE:
1.   Put the Windows Vista or Windows 7 media in the DVD drive, and then start the computer, I never got that disc.
Be back to you later and before I forget Happy Easter!
Pete